Can a faulty PSU cause games to crash?

Bagus

I chose and built a PC for my friend, but all of his games that require and muscle just crash. League of Legends is the only game he can run crash free. The temps are fine the ram and GPU have been swapped out. I am unsure what to do next.

I5 2500k

Gigabyte Z68

Gigabyte 7770

Kingston 64gb SSD

8 GB g.skill Ram

Coolermaster Extremepower plus 700W

Have you overclocked?

Have you ran Prime95?

Have you ran Memtest64?

Yes it can cause a crash.

make sure your ram/cpu/hdd's are set correctly in bios.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

No overclock Prime95 was run and everything checked out after 24 hours. Memtest has not been run.

I checked the RAM timing they are all normal other than that I don't know what you mean by bios settings.

Try running Prime95 and Furmark (or Kombuster) at the same time

it could, but buy a kill-a-watt and monitor the usage of the psu out of the wall when doing these tests. remember it's sometimes higher or lower than it really is, so take it with a grain of salt.

MEH

Be aware, that power supply seems a little sketchy, read some of the lowest rated comments are responses, its a little strange.

"Please make sure not to push the power supply over its limits of 500W." - CMUSA Customer Support.

@Uber, will definitely be avoiding that series but there higher end power supplies are actually good.

Yeah, that is why I picked it because of how much praise the top end models received. I think I will avoid those from now on but if it happens to be the PSU I don't think an RMA will even be a good idea.

A faulty PSU can cause anything to crash

you have enough wattage for sure, but i have to agree with those PSU's over here in my country they are pretty cheap and the reviews i heard on them arent to great. maybe try a corsair brand?? 650Watts would be enough if you wanna save some cash. and i dont know if you have this brand where you live but try FSP all Psu's are modular cheap and reliable :D