issue with my new ek predator 240

While I'm waiting to hear back from ek about the issue I figure I'll get some other opinions. I finally got all my parts for my new build. This is my first time doing any type of liquid cooling. Well I got my predator 240 rad installed and was about to put the water block on when all of the sudden leak! This was just opened showed no signs of leakage at any time during shipping or installation.

The leak came from the fitting at the waterblock. It wasn't a bad leak a few drops and the top of the waterblock was wet. After inspecting it for a moment I tightened the fitting that was leaking and it was loose. It's now been 2 days and no sign of any more leakage from that fitting. 

Now Ik that this cooler is supposed to be modular to eventually incorporate a more custom loop. Could it be OK and the fitting just came loose from my fiddling of the placement? If ek comes back to me with tighten the fitting and try it out could it in theory be ok because they are supposed to be removable? 

Tighten all the fittings and test it. If EK doesn't give you replace then disconnect tubing and reconnect tubing

The fittings are meant to be user replaceable, so it's not unusual that they came loose. I wouldn't worry about it. 

Build Log - Liquid Black Fury

4 hours ago, mike1196 said:

While I'm waiting to hear back from ek about the issue I figure I'll get some other opinions. I finally got all my parts for my new build. This is my first time doing any type of liquid cooling. Well I got my predator 240 rad installed and was about to put the water block on when all of the sudden leak! This was just opened showed no signs of leakage at any time during shipping or installation.

The leak came from the fitting at the waterblock. It wasn't a bad leak a few drops and the top of the waterblock was wet. After inspecting it for a moment I tightened the fitting that was leaking and it was loose. It's now been 2 days and no sign of any more leakage from that fitting. 

Now Ik that this cooler is supposed to be modular to eventually incorporate a more custom loop. Could it be OK and the fitting just came loose from my fiddling of the placement? If ek comes back to me with tighten the fitting and try it out could it in theory be ok because they are supposed to be removable? 

The fittings shouldn't have been loose. :(

As you said, it might have loose when they put it in the package after QC inspection.

Since you did tight it and after 2 days you don't see any leaks, I would be confident that your issue was only this losse fitting and you should be fine.