Bing gets a new logo and modern design to take on Google

CyberneticTitan

I like the logo very much.

Much better than the old one. It was about time Microsoft about it.

And it's nice to see that Microsoft didn't forget it, as it will be integrated with Win8.1, the old logo would not fit well.

Bing is still a thing?

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Uhhhhh yeah... I think they need to be worrying a lot more about functionality than a silly logo.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Some of the features like Page Zero is really like Google Instant lol. If their search engine isn't good, then adding features to it would not be very useful imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

You know.. I need to start doing a "Bing challenge" of sort.. or like "I switch to Bing", kinda like what Linus did with Android.

People says it sucks... but does it really? Or does people doing like Vista and Win8, and just repeat what they heard?

Sadly I don't have the time now, with school and stuff... So I don't know when I'll start.

Yea, it comes stock with IE11 or whatever it's called

._. oh gosh....

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I wish MS would just give up, or maybe spend the money they do on integration with TV and logos on the actual search code. Regardless of how much money you pump into the entertainment industry showing our "favourite" TV stars using Bing it does not change how shit it is.

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

You know.. I need to start doing a "Bing challenge" of sort.. or like "I switch to Bing", kinda like what Linus did with Android.

People says it sucks... but does it really? Or does people doing like Vista and Win8, and just repeat what they heard?

Sadly I don't have the time now, with school and stuff... So I don't know when I'll start.

Why? As far as I'm concerned Google is superior in every way. It doesn't 'suck', but it certainly isn't as good. I'll stick with Google  :)

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Until Bing allows me to search for 'Adult content' without giving this, I won't be using it...

Your country or region requires a strict Bing SafeSearch setting, which filters out results that might return adult content. To learn more about SafeSearch requirements in your country or region, see How Bing delivers search results.

And yes, it refuses to display ANY results.

PC in Profile

When the population let things go, government can do what they want.

You should protests... and not on the web, that gives you nothing.

Bing pays you to use it. Honestly guys, go use bing and redeem your money. I think you only have to use it once daily. Whenever you need to google something, just bing search "google" and go about your day.

Praise Duarte!

the problem with bing is that it came in the game too late. Google was already dominant (its an official word in the dictionary!) and nobody was going to switch. Although I don't really see a difference between Bing and Google, I have always stuck to google due to habit. Bing isn't bad (and definitely does not "suck") but i just can't find a reason to switch to it because i am used to google.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)