Help needed with new gaming build

Dinklebr0t

Hi,

I don't really know that much about PCs and how to make a good build so I thought I'll ask you guys for a little help.

1. Budget & Location

I don't want to spend that much I hope I can stay like around 500€ (I live in Germany). A friend told me to buy the parts on ebay but I don't really trust that site for pc-parts.

2. Aim

Gaming PC. At the moment I mainly play League of Legends because I am not really able to play anythig else fluently. Other games I bought before I noticed how shit my PC was and I want to play with my new PC are for example: Company of Heroes 2, Verdun, Cities:Skylines, Skyrim, Space Engineers etc.

3. Monitors

At the moment I only have one monitor which is the Acer S276HL, capable of Full-HD I think. In the distant, very distant future I might get a second one but it shouldn't be that important for the build.

4. Peripherals

Nope.

5. Why are you upgrading?

Well my PC is like 10 years old. My CPU at the moment is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200 (2,21 GHz). My old GPU (GeForce 8500GT) broke and as I had no idea about how a pc even works at that time my dad just bought a MSI HD 5450 which I have until now. So my PC is just really old and its pretty useless to bring it to the LAN-Partys my friends do sometimes as I can never play the games they play.

6. Friend's suggestion build

Based on his ebay reasarch a friend made me a build he says should be okay and is also very cheap (around 350€) as it is all from ebay but I don't know... if you think it can be made better.

CPU -          i5-6500 4x3,2GHz

Mainboard - ASUS Z170-A

RAM -          Kingston HyperX Fury Kit 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR4-2400

GPU -          MSI GTX 760 2GB

Just thinking do they have shops that ship worldwide? Im also looking to build but not sure of ebay so just if someone knows >)

1 hour ago, Dinklebr0t said:

I guess buy your CPU/motherboard off of ebay, but you're probably going to want a 380 GPU

here would be new stuff, it's a bit over 500 after some quick looking

PCPartPicker part list: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/BmdhnQ
Price breakdown by merchant: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/BmdhnQ/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  (€115.38 @ Mindfactory)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2HP Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€71.32 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (€38.27 @ Mindfactory)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€51.95 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  (€191.42 @ Mindfactory)
Case: Zalman ZM-T4 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (€30.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: XFX XT 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€51.31 @ Mindfactory)
Total: €550.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-26 01:14 CET+0100

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Is a Dual-Core 3,7GHz better than a Quad-Core 3,2GHZ ?? Also is the R9 380 necessary for my use ? My friend said the 760 which costs around 100€ should be more than enough ?