Logitech G900 Announced - Wireless Mouse That's Better Than Wired?

I'm personally disappointed with this purely because of battery life. If it had a wireless charging dock it would be fine but having to plug in a wire to charge it kind of defeats the point of wireless to me. Other than that the mouse does look amazing. 

im currently on a g700s and I always forget to plug it in...

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

"Wireless Mouse Better Than Wired."

I don't know who you're quoting, but I also don't think that's physically plausible. Wireless will always have some latency introduced by transmitting a wireless signal in comparison to the one removed by introducing a wire to the scenario.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Just now, Crowes said:

I don't know who you're quoting, but I also don't think that's physically plausible. Wireless will always have some latency introduced by transmitting a wireless signal in comparison to the one removed by introducing a wire to the scenario.

hes quoting logitech ive been looking up in the mouse and they are claiming it has less latency then wired. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

3 minutes ago, Crowes said:

XFLEjt9.png

from logitech

System Specs

5 minutes ago, Robbsy said:

I'm personally disappointed with this purely because of battery life. If it had a wireless charging dock it would be fine but having to plug in a wire to charge it kind of defeats the point of wireless to me. Other than that the mouse does look amazing. 

So you think its better to put a mouse in a charging dock and not being able to use it during charging, than just plugging in a wire and being able to use it while charging? Weird.

4 minutes ago, Verne said:

So you think its better to put a mouse in a charging dock and not being able to use it during charging, than just plugging in a wire and being able to use it while charging? Weird.

it should have the option like the Mamba

System Specs

7 minutes ago, Robbsy said:

Maybe they could manufacture a wireless charging mouse mat? I'd patent that shit. Seeming that you say the battery life isn't quite "perfect" I'd say that's decent for 30+ hours but definitely not as sound like other mice they make like the performance MX series. The design is great & I'd agree with you.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

55 minutes ago, Verne said:

The point of the dock is that it sits there when you're not at your computer like at night while you're sleeping, so you never have to worry about it (unless you are using the computer for a longer period than the battery can last, in which case either the battery life sucks or you need to spend some time away from the computer lol)

On 25.3.2016 at 9:38 PM, Crowes said:

Actually wireless is potentially faster because air has less friction than copper.

On 25.3.2016 at 10:38 PM, ShaithEatery said:

The point of the dock is that it sits there when you're not at your computer like at night while you're sleeping, so you never have to worry about it (unless you are using the computer for a longer period than the battery can last, in which case either the battery life sucks or you need to spend some time away from the computer lol)

It would just introduce unnecessary weight for a little bit of comfort, given that the failsafe option is already there anyway.

As for the topic, we already had a thread:

6 hours ago, ShaithEatery said:

there is a dock for the wireless thing, so you can connect it to the wire, and have it near your mouse, so then when you need to charge, you just unplug the wire from the wireless thing and plug it into the mouse. You don't have to stretch all the way to the back of your pc to charge.

7 hours ago, atavax said:

there is a dock for the wireless thing, so you can connect it to the wire, and have it near your mouse, so then when you need to charge, you just unplug the wire from the wireless thing and plug it into the mouse. You don't have to stretch all the way to the back of your pc to charge.

And this is what I don't understand about the whole "wireless" thing. Like, if you still have a longass wire from your computer to your desk, the only wireless part is what goes out of your mouse. And we already have a solution for that problem. Where's my gaming-grade wireless mouse that comes with a mini connector like a normal bluetooth mouse, along with an optional direct cable for charging?

As for the mouse itself, it looks quite ugly. What's with the weird groove where the M1 and M2 buttons end? Also, I worry about this "lightweight construction". Batteries have a weight to them and we haven't really improved much on that recently. Considering Logitech's MSRP for other mice, I'd say this will go for 150-200€, which makes it a very niche product. And that's sad.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

28 minutes ago, olbaze said:

And this is what I don't understand about the whole "wireless" thing. Like, if you still have a longass wire from your computer to your desk, the only wireless part is what goes out of your mouse. And we already have a solution for that problem. Where's my gaming-grade wireless mouse that comes with a mini connector like a normal bluetooth mouse, along with an optional direct cable for charging?

So you want a wireless thing directly connected to your pc and then a power charger not connected to your pc, to connect the mouse to to charge? But the power charger has to be connected to some source of power, right? I mean theoreticlly i bet you could have a powered usb hub not connected to the pc at all and connect the mouse to that to charge... So you're just made that the usb hub to be seperate from your PC is not included with the mouse? Or am i missing the functionality you want?

10 hours ago, olbaze said:

As for the mouse itself, it looks quite ugly. What's with the weird groove where the M1 and M2 buttons end? Also, I worry about this "lightweight construction". Batteries have a weight to them and we haven't really improved much on that recently. Considering Logitech's MSRP for other mice, I'd say this will go for 150-200€, which makes it a very niche product. And that's sad.

Dock might be the wrong word, it is basically just a Mini-USB to USB Adapter, so you can use the same cable for both, the mouse and the receiver, which wasnt the case for the G700s.

TArLCt1.jpg

As for being lightweight, the LiPo battery only weighs 15g, so there are still 92 left, not to mention that the Design itself is much more solid than a 3 Piece Shell Design.(e.G. Zowie EC/Razer DA)

22 minutes ago, atavax said:

So you want a wireless thing directly connected to your pc and then a power charger not connected to your pc, to connect the mouse to to charge? But the power charger has to be connected to some source of power, right? I mean theoreticlly i bet you could have a powered usb hub not connected to the pc at all and connect the mouse to that to charge... So you're just made that the usb hub to be seperate from your PC is not included with the mouse? Or am i missing the functionality you want?

If I buy a wireless mouse, I don't really want to have a dock on my desk, that defeats the entire purpose of having it wireless in the first place. But it looks like they are improving on that.

15 minutes ago, woll3 said:

Dock might be the wrong word, it is basically just a Mini-USB to USB Adapter, so you can use the same cable for both, the mouse and the receiver, which wasnt the case for the G700s.

TArLCt1.jpg

As for being lightweight, the LiPo battery only weighs 15g, so there are still 92 left, not to mention that the Design itself is much more solid than a 3 Piece Shell Design.(e.G. Zowie EC/Razer DA)

Wait a second! That looks like a charging wire, with an adapter and then a regular wireless receiver? Because if so, then I would like to know if you can plug the receiver straight into a USB on the PC. Because if so, then that would be pretty much exactly what I said above: a regular wireless dongle for the wireless part and a separate USB cable for when the battery runs out.

As for the battery, the weigh sure seems promising, especially compared to something like a typical NiMH battery. I just worry about how well it's going to last. If you have to charge the mouse every single day, being wireless is kind of pointless.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

8 hours ago, olbaze said:

Wait a second! That looks like a charging wire, with an adapter and then a regular wireless receiver?

As for the battery, the weigh sure seems promising, especially compared to something like a typical NiMH battery. I just worry about how well it's going to last. If you have to charge the mouse every single day, being wireless is kind of pointless.

Yeah exactly, as said, its just a mini USB to USB Adapter. ^^ Altough i personally use it wired most of the time.

Runtime is around 30 hours, how fast it degrades will be seen, but im not that worried as we arent dealing with an iphone here. xD

They should just make 2 versions, one that is permanently wired so it doesn't use 2 sub ports. There's quite a few ppl that would just as soon use this with the charging cable always attached.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

If it truly offers lower latency than wired mice then that's awesome. I prefer the aesthetic of the G502 and don't think I'd like a non-ergo mouse though.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

6 hours ago, dtaflorida said:

They should just make 2 versions, one that is permanently wired so it doesn't use 2 sub ports. There's quite a few ppl that would just as soon use this with the charging cable always attached.

?

It only uses one port, using two ports is optional.

5 hours ago, nims0c said:

If it truly offers lower latency than wired mice then that's awesome. I prefer the aesthetic of the G502 and don't think I'd like a non-ergo mouse though.

Just to mention it, it isnt faster than itself, but faster than everything except a few competitor mice despite being in wireless mode.

2 hours ago, woll3 said:

Just to mention it, it isnt faster than itself, but faster than everything except a few competitor mice despite being in wireless mode.

So its wireless mode is faster than most other mice, and its wired mode is even faster? Which mice are the fastest? Are there more graphs comparing the latency other than what was posted above?

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

2 hours ago, nims0c said:

So its wireless mode is faster than most other mice, and its wired mode is even faster? Which mice are the fastest? Are there more graphs comparing the latency other than what was posted above?

It is the only public one, as for being the fastest, well you can already guess who makes the ones who report movement the fastest, however Roccat and Razer are also "able to deliver" quite well in most cases.

Also EE, Sensor(package), MCU and especially firmware are all influencing how fast they report, which for example can make a "quality" product that is lower tiered(like the Roccat Kiro) respond faster than something that is higher tiered marketing wise.(like the Finalmouse)