Wireless issues: ASUS PCE-N53

Octagon

Hi there, awesome LTT community!

I am a 'proud' owner of an ASUS PCE-N53 wireless card and it is a pain. Well, I'm connected to the internet over Wi-Fi, so this issues can (I hope) be easily fixed by wires, but it is an issue still, so...

It all started a while ago when I updated drivers for my Wi-Fi card. I think it was somwhere in early 2015. What it did: I got a slow internet connecton. Instead of my 50 Mbps up and 50 down I got somwhere around 1 up and 10 down. After furious googling I found some posts on Tomshardware forum about how to fix this kind of issues (some registry tweaks), and it helped! (for a while)

The next issue that I encountered was freezes. Once in a couple of seconds everything froze. And I mean everything - even YouTube image froze (ofc I thought this is a videocard issue, but updting nVidia drives didn't help). Gaming with my friends (through Skype) has shown it was most likely a connection issue, because the same moment I got FPS drops in a game I got freezes in Skype. But wait, there is more! The connection itself dropped often - around 2-5 times a day. I had to reboot my system and a wireless router (not sure why this one worked), but 2-5 times a day - give me a break!

Windows 10 fixed all of that. Kinda.

I am now updated my Windows 7 to Windows 10, downloaded the latest drivers for my PCE-N53 and now experiencing this issues:

1. Connection loss (2-3 times a day, reconnects without rebooting anything).
  2. Freezes in games (onse in a second, frustrating in games like CS:GO) without FPS drops (Skype is freeze-less too).

Everything else works fine, at least I didn't find anything at this moment.

What could it be? A driver issue (drivers for that card is just awful, I heard)? I tried registry tweak that worked before (from tomshardware), but it didn't help this time (maybe because of Win10).

Other things I tried: deleting and reinstalling drivers (a hundred times), deleting and reinstalling a card itself, DNS flush, router firmware upgrade, installing older drivers (obviously didn't help, there is only one version of Win10 drivers), turning it off and turning it on again.

Wireless router I'm using is ASUS RT-N53.