Camera to upgrade iPhone 5

Beovy

Im looking for an upgrade to my iPhone 5 camera

Budget: $200-$250

Uses:

- Recording sports indoors, and outdoors (soccer, football) 

- Taking action pictures of players 

Basically everytime I want to use a camera for an oncall job for minor highschool events I always end up resorting to my iPhone because the colors are decent and the quality is just the best I have. Even when someone lends me a camcorder to use I resort to my iPhone because its better at capturing what I need it to. My iPhone also only has 16GB of space so I can usually only fit one game footage. 

Suggestions can include camcorders or digital cameras. Usually recording a game is higher on the list than taking pictures so if i got a camcorder I could use my iPhone for action pictures. Thanks everyone.

5 hours ago, Beovy said:

Budget: $200-$250

Not a lot of camera options for this budget, and at this price point I would only recommend camcorders for what you want to do.  The video functionality of DSLR/MILC cameras (photo cameras) require some extended rigging to be able to use as a video camera for recording sports, especially in the areas of quick zoom and focus of lenses.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

17 hours ago, ALwin said:

Not a lot of camera options for this budget, and at this price point I would only recommend camcorders for what you want to do.  The video functionality of DSLR/MILC cameras (photo cameras) require some extended rigging to be able to use as a video camera for recording sports, especially in the areas of quick zoom and focus of lenses.

Suggestions?

6 hours ago, Beovy said:

Suggestions?

Look on places like Amazon or B&H, Adorama, or visit stores where you live.  Look at the different models that are within your price range.  Generally I like Sony camcorders, but Canon, Panasonic, etc. are all good.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer