Send texts from my PC?

byalexandr

So my Windows Phone keeps all of my SMS texts and Skype messages in one app, and I was wondering if there was some way to do the same on my desktop.

The way it is right now is when I get a Skype message, it shows up in Skype on my desktop, and in the messaging app on my Windows Phone. But when I get SMS texts it only shows up on my phone (in the same app). Is there any way I can receive and reply to texts from my desktop in the same it works with Skype?

Try making your phone number the same on both your phone and your skype account. So people call your phone number , which calls your skype on your phone and your computer.. IF this dosen't work then I don't really know what you can do.

1 minute ago, SATANGOD666 said:

Try making your phone number the same on both your phone and your skype account. So people call your phone number , which calls your skype on your phone and your computer.. IF this dosen't work then I don't really know what you can do.

Well Skype is different from SMS.

i dont think there is a way on windows only apples eco system supports it that i know of.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Not sure what my sister uses, but she does this shit in the middle of class. I guess one of the benefits of sitting in the back of the class. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

42 minutes ago, KieranFretwell said:

I also use pushbullet, it's pretty decent. 

Does it use the 'Action Center'? Is there any way I can make it do so if it doesn't?

This thing:

56f4815594cb8_Actioncenter.PNG.f250bf6b3

I know with android I use a client called airdriod that lets me login to the website and it allows me to send texts from my pc but i am unsure if there is a app like that available for windows phone.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Chassis/Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM:  Team Vulcan 2x4Gb(2133Mhz)  Video Card: Asus 7970 Direct CU II Custom Rom (150% Power, 1100 core 6Ghz Memory)  Power Supply: Fractal Integra R2 750 Watt  Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid (MX Blue Switches)  MouseCorsair M90 Storage: SX900 128Gb, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM, WD Green 1TB 7200RPM   MY OLD BUILDLOG

The Fastest 8350 @5.33Ghz with a score of 9.16pts in Cinebench 11.5

Currently, you can see your text messages, if your phones has backup feature enabled, on your desktop, (Not sure if you have to be in the latest fast ring build). It is clear that Microsoft is working on a Windows 10 Mobile integration. Possibly You plug your phone to your PC, and you can text, and receive texts, and maybe do phone calls. This might explains why there is a phone and messaging app on the desktop. We have to wait and see what Microsoft has planned.

You could install a 4G LTE add-in board (usually miniPCI-E) to your computer, and then use its included software to interface with text messaging. 

For instance, on my laptop, I use a Sierra Wireless MC7700 miniPCI-E 4G LTE radio.  With a SIM card installed and activated, I can send and receive SMS from a desktop app. 

Unfortunately this method would require that you have another device activated on your cell plan.  But it does give you native access to the SMS system on a Windows desktop.