4K gaming pc

4 minutes ago, WittyRacoon554 said:

This is my pc that will be used for gaming (at 4K).  What do you guys think?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MsYKCJ

good build!

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

10 minutes ago, WittyRacoon554 said:

This is my pc that will be used for gaming (at 4K).  What do you guys think?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MsYKCJ

i made it cheeper look http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vcxqK8

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

You don't need a 1300 W PSU. Maybe 1000 W is even overkill. But great build either way.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

Hey WittyRacoon554, looks like a really cool build but the power supply is way over and you'll need to be careful of your wifi adapter depending on where your going to keep your desktop. If you desktop is going to be under your desk and low to the ground than you might want to find a better solution if wifi speeds is your thing, shouldn't really be a problem but just letting you know due to my own bad experiences.

Well, I don't know what your budget is, but if looks are your concern (honestly, guys who are spending for two 980 Ti's should atleast do themselves a favor and make their rigs look as good as they want them to be) then its solid. If you just want performance, you could spend for a cheaper motherboard. But yeah... you're better off with a PSU with 1000W or even 850W, but then again we should consider the amount of power the components will need when overclocked and under-load. I've seen rigs with 850W power supplies and dual 980 Ti's pretty much use ALL of what it can deliver... and its a scary sight. Its asking the PSU to blow up, despite that they can take it.

8 minutes ago, Killstreak said:

i made it cheeper look http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vcxqK8

Uhm... dual 390X's get eaten by dual 980 Ti's. Plus, in terms of price to performance, a single 980 Ti is better than dual 390Xs and 980s because dual GPU solutions don't always scale well in every game, let alone scale at all when games aren't optimized to run with dual GPU's. Plus, you can have stutters with even dual GPU solutions.

Please go for custom cables! Other than that, nice!

I like good humans and good food

8 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

You don't need a 1300 W PSU. Maybe 1000 W is even overkill. But great build either way.

True, but 1300 will handle anything, who knows, maybe in the future dual/triple gpu cards in sli/cfx with tons of peripherals will pull that kind of power, and that psu will last literally like 10 years.

I like good humans and good food

27 minutes ago, Heuron said:

Pretty solid build, what's your budget?

About 3,200 excluding peripherals and monitor.  1000 or less for monitor.

18 minutes ago, Blackas_00 said:

Hey WittyRacoon554, looks like a really cool build but the power supply is way over and you'll need to be careful of your wifi adapter depending on where your going to keep your desktop. If you desktop is going to be under your desk and low to the ground than you might want to find a better solution if wifi speeds is your thing, shouldn't really be a problem but just letting you know due to my own bad experiences.

Thank you.  Good to know.  Wifi is a backup for me though...

31 minutes ago, colinreay said:

True, but 1300 will handle anything, who knows, maybe in the future dual/triple gpu cards in sli/cfx with tons of peripherals will pull that kind of power, and that psu will last literally like 10 years.

Exactly xD