First PC Build - Suggestions & Opinions Needed!

Medusa

Re PSU'S: Corsair and evga dont actually make them as such, they get them through oem's. Basically i'd say that if the oem is Seasonic or Sunflower then the psu should be fine. Evga and corsair then add to them and tweak, but im pretty they both use those oems. If they have good reviews then they're probably both fine. Just make sure you get an 80+gold or above with multiple 12v rails (as in Not 'single rail') and some headroom for overclocking.

Gpu's for gaming; the basic principal is get one gpu thats more powerful as opposed to two cheaper ones in sli. Because your looking at big maxwell, it's not quite as clear cut. I'd still take the titan if i had your budget. It will handle just about anything for the next year or so with no problems compared to 980ti sli. Then when the new amd and nvidia cards are out and have been reviewed etc you can re assess and trade up. caveats being - if you want to play 4k at more than 60hz, you want multiple 4k monitors. Atm my choice would be 1440p gsync 27inch + at higher refresh and 4k for other stuff if you can get a 40inch + display. 4k at smaller screen sizes is pretty rubbish for daily use and really hard to run at higher fps. once hdmi 2 and display port 1.3 or 1.4 are really common 4k will improve a lot.

Having said all that, after the first two sentence in that last para, its pretty much just my opinion.

Re corsair aio, you'll have to double check but, as far as i understand it their warranty covers other parts damaged in the event of it leaking. It probably wont leak, but if it does and your mobo is rekd better off having them pay for it. I dont know if nzxt is the same, if they are go with what ever you like better. The kraken kills it on the noise-to-thermal performance benchmarks.

the only other thing, is i chose the 280 (ie dual 140) rad as bigger fans can get the same performance while running slower/quieter.

Re mobo,cpu etc. Yeah 6700k is probs the way to go. I mostly agree with @

The_KIASER

I'm not familiar with that mobo though, if it has has m.2 support then its probably fine. You really should go with the m.2 nvme for your c drive for your price range. the one in my list is pretty sweet and beats the pants off sata. if you go m.2, make sure you mobo choice can boot from it. i think 2-3tb hdd is fine. i use a seperate 240g sata ssd for my games and a wd green for storage. the greens aren't as fast but if your just using it for music,movies,docs their fine and their quieter. if you go ssd game drive and hdd storage just get a 1tb and add more later if you need. the prices come down a little over time so unless you have 3tb of stuff to start with then get 1 and chuck in another when you need. the only thing with adding more smaller hdd's over time is making sure you mobo has enough dedicated sata lanes. depending on how the mobo is made it cant always use every port on the board if they share lanes with other ports.

re fans, you could always grab the ltt edition noctuas, or the equivalent ones with their other colour choices for the rubber bits on the black design. i like noctua generally, they're pretty quiet they last for ages but they're not cheap and the ltt ones cost extra on top.

otherwise corsair or fractal or maybe bitfenix? have decent options

if i missed anything ping me, otherwise good luck

I changed my PSU to a EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified. I just need to figure out my motherboard situation and then I'll be set. 

Found this motherboard that I think would work. PC Part Picker didn't find any compatibility issues so thats a plus. On top of that it's black so it will fit the color scheme! 

The motherboard is the: MSI Z170A SLI PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z170asliplus

Check it out and please leave me your thoughts on it. 

6 minutes ago, Medusa said:

Just updated my build list! 

Your making this hard lol. There are a ton of great choices, I went with my Asus because I've had a great experience with their products. MSI, EVGA, Gigabyte, all good too though.

Make a list of features you definitely need on the MoBo, then a second one with want, need a price range too...

2 minutes ago, The_KIASER said:

Your making this hard lol. There are a ton of great choices, I went with my Asus because I've had a great experience with their products. MSI, EVGA, Gigabyte, all good too though.

Make a list of features you definitely need on the MoBo, then a second one with want, need a price range too...

All I want on my mobo at least 4 slots for my RAM, SLI compatibility, and fits my color scheme. I would like to spend between 100 - 200 for it.