Build Plan for the Summer (need help)

Hey all, this is my first post on LTT. 

I'll most likely be heading of to Uni in Korea, where prices for parts are slightly more expensive. Not too much of a problem though.

Right now I have this current build (first build back from 5 years ago):

-ASRock B75M

-8GB RAM

-600W PSU 80+ Bronze Certified

-i5 3570 at 3.4Ghz

-EVGA GTX 550Ti SC 1GB

-Samsung EVO 250GB SSD

-Seagate 2TB Hard Drive

I won't be able to take it as I live in the United Arab Emirates at the moment, and will be handing this over to my younger brother, who will upgrade the rig with a GTX 960.

So, I plan on building a new rig. The things I usually do are music production and occasional gaming, and I would be delighted to start learning After Effects and such. To accommodate for that I wrote up a quick spreadsheet of what I may want to build. 

Here it is:

-i7 5820k

-32GB RAM

-700~750W PSU

-an X99 chipset motherboard

-2-4TB WD Black Hard Drive

-2x 250GB SSDs in Raid 0

-NZXT H440 Case

-BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 cooler

-GTX 970

I would love to take advantage of the 6 core hyperthreading and the huge amount of RAM as I use very taxing programs for music. Also for future video editing. 

What do you think? Would you recommend a better build? Cheaper? Smaller? Different hardware? I may be moving around with it, so will the form factor be a hassle?

Is there any way to pack this much punch in an mATX or an ITX build?

will you be gaming, because i would ditch an ssd, save up a little more and buy a 980ti 

1 minute ago, yannick121212 said:

u dumb? don't do that loool

gtx 970 is enough for any games now

Just now, klnh said:

gtx 970 is enough for any games now

fucking amazing card for the money. even for video editing, (not if you are using 12 4k screens lol)

2 minutes ago, yannick121212 said:

fucking amazing card for the money. even for video editing, (not if you are using 12 4k screens lol)

Yeah I honestly don't need any super high end GPUs cause I still like 1080p hahahah

Just now, daeheeahn said:

Yeah I honestly don't need any super high end GPUs cause I still like 1080p hahahah

talking about overkill haha

2 minutes ago, yannick121212 said:

but i dont think it is a good idea to do all this good hardware in a smaller case, could get verry warm.

Exactly. Plus with air cooling and stuff it can get pretty stuffy. So maybe the large size and hassle is worth it?

well you could also look for an smaller case but you have to keep the air flow good. so you can use an smaller case if you want, but not to small.

Yes, it's possible to put all that hardware in a very small itx case and when you'll be building your pc there will be some Pascal and Polaris Cards so you don't have to worry about what gpu you're going to get as of now.

p.s: Come back then with a budget so people can help you do the right choices for the components. :) 

20 minutes ago, daeheeahn said:

Hey all, this is my first post on LTT. 

I'll most likely be heading of to Uni in Korea, where prices for parts are slightly more expensive. Not too much of a problem though.

Right now I have this current build (first build back from 5 years ago):

-ASRock B75M

-8GB RAM

-600W PSU 80+ Bronze Certified

-i5 3570 at 3.4Ghz

-EVGA GTX 550Ti SC 1GB

-Samsung EVO 250GB SSD

-Seagate 2TB Hard Drive

I won't be able to take it as I live in the United Arab Emirates at the moment, and will be handing this over to my younger brother, who will upgrade the rig with a GTX 960.

So, I plan on building a new rig. The things I usually do are music production and occasional gaming, and I would be delighted to start learning After Effects and such. To accommodate for that I wrote up a quick spreadsheet of what I may want to build. 

Here it is:

-i7 5820k

-32GB RAM

-700~750W PSU

-an X99 chipset motherboard

-2-4TB WD Black Hard Drive

-2x 250GB SSDs in Raid 0

-NZXT H440 Case

-BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 cooler

-GTX 970

I would love to take advantage of the 6 core hyperthreading and the huge amount of RAM as I use very taxing programs for music. Also for future video editing. 

What do you think? Would you recommend a better build? Cheaper? Smaller? Different hardware? I may be moving around with it, so will the form factor be a hassle?

Is there any way to pack this much punch in an mATX or an ITX build?

You could put all that it something small like the Define Nano and water cool it. @JayzTwoCents did that and it looks beautiful (Totally not planning on copying it in a Define S..........)

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

You could put all that it something small like the Define Nano and water cool it. @JayzTwoCents did that and it looks beautiful (Totally not planning on copying it in a Define S..........)

Ah that's another issue. Since I'll be moving around quite a bit with the PC, I do not want to venture into watercooling yet. I'm very unlucky in terms of Murphy's Law hahahah

Just now, daeheeahn said:

Ah that's another issue. Since I'll be moving around quite a bit with the PC, I do not want to venture into watercooling yet. I'm very unlucky in terms of Murphy's Law hahahah

Water cooling is quite sturdy, probably more so than air coolers as it doesnt hang out as much

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0