Projects to big for Radeon Card

Go to solution Solved by Imakuni,
12 minutes ago, InitializingDev said:

So I recently was able to find a lonesome Radeon HD 5700. I have tried using it for folding@home and no strict "problems". However, folding@home keeps giving the card tasks that take so long that by the time its nearly finished the project times out. Anyone know how to get easier projects for my card?

You run something other than F@H. The 5700 is a very old card, with very little computational power. Also, you can't really control which work gets assigned to you, it's pretty much "you want work? you do this or you do nothing". So you are basically stuck with those huge timeframes.

If you think it's not worth it, I suggest moving over to BOINC, where you'll have MUCH more control of what to do with your card.

So I recently was able to find a lonesome Radeon HD 5700. I have tried using it for folding@home and no strict "problems". However, folding@home keeps giving the card tasks that take so long that by the time its nearly finished the project times out. Anyone know how to get easier projects for my card?

028068dc05ab50fbe6a63dcb6c86e1e8[1].png

Like if you liked it. Share it if you thought it was great. Leave a reply if you emotions are a bit more complicated   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12 minutes ago, InitializingDev said:

You run something other than F@H. The 5700 is a very old card, with very little computational power. Also, you can't really control which work gets assigned to you, it's pretty much "you want work? you do this or you do nothing". So you are basically stuck with those huge timeframes.

If you think it's not worth it, I suggest moving over to BOINC, where you'll have MUCH more control of what to do with your card.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!