Recommend a good smart watch

XDroidie626

So I have currently a Pebble Classic (Had it around 6 months) and its battery is falling down constantly, it doesn't even last 2 hours unless airplane mode is on, which kind of defeats the point of a smart watch.

So its going back and I am going to attempt to get my money back and put it towards a new watch.

I am currently looking at the FitBit Blaze, my girlfriend has the Charge HR and a work colleague has a Charge, and I would like to get more in shape also so I think having other people to compete against would be a good incentive.

I wouldn't mind an Apple watch BUT, battery life sucks and its iOS specific, plus there a bit too fashionable for me personally.

I also need the watch part for work, my phones have a tendency to not go off when a notification appears (Sometimes I forget I have it on silent, other times it just doesn't go off) having a smart watch connected would help with that I believe also.

Another plus for the fitbit is the sleep tracker, I do sometimes struggle to sleep so maybe a good tool to see whats happening.

Suggestions?

Thanks

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

Pebble Time or Asus ZenWatch 2.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

9 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

A traditional watch

It lasts frekin decades

And people have been fit in the past without Fitbits and shit

I do like normal watches but I can never get velcro straps (Leather ones annoy me)

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

16 minutes ago, UnlimitedTMD said:

Asus, moto 360, sony, samsung?

Work phone is iPhone :(

3 minutes ago, XDroidie626 said:

Work phone is iPhone :(

iPhones and their wanking OS, that`s all the reason for selling my iPhone and getting a proper phone

to game or not to game, that`s the question

lg g watch r here and i dont know about other watches that might have come out in the meantime but im using it for like half a year now and its awesome. batterylife lasts me for about 2 days on a full charge and half an hour charging gets me 50 something percent charge wich usually is enough to get me through the day. ive tried that sleep tracking feature but personally i dont like sleeping with a watch on so i leave it to my phone to track my sleep. i use it mainly while driving to answer calls and quick respond to messages. also one of the main points for going with a smartwatch in the first place for me was to not have to take my phone out of the pocket everytime a notification arrives and therefore reduce chances of dropping it with my old clumsy hands. so over all can recommend.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

5 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

lg g watch r here and i dont know about other watches that might have come out in the meantime but im using it for like half a year now and its awesome. batterylife lasts me for about 2 days on a full charge and half an hour charging gets me 50 something percent charge wich usually is enough to get me through the day. ive tried that sleep tracking feature but personally i dont like sleeping with a watch on so i leave it to my phone to track my sleep. i use it mainly while driving to answer calls and quick respond to messages. also one of the main points for going with a smartwatch in the first place for me was to not have to take my phone out of the pocket everytime a notification arrives and therefore reduce chances of dropping it with my old clumsy hands. so over all can recommend.

The problem is does it work with iOS?

10 minutes ago, XDroidie626 said:

The problem is does it work with iOS?

ohh shit did i miss something? yeah couldve firgured it should since youre talking about ios in op. well im not sure i use a sony z3 and have never even owned an apple device so dont know.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

17 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

ohh shit did i miss something? yeah couldve firgured it should since youre talking about ios in op. well im not sure i use a sony z3 and have never even owned an apple device so dont know.

See I would love to use an Android phone, half of the tools I need for work I can use on that, plus I can directly access our VPN at work with Android and use the file manager.

But no iphones because apple.

Think Sony are Android bound also

8 minutes ago, XDroidie626 said:

See I would love to use an Android phone, half of the tools I need for work I can use on that, plus I can directly access our VPN at work with Android and use the file manager.

But no iphones because apple.

Think Sony are Android bound also

well with android devices there are a lot of great options. for me the z3 works perfectly. but when i switch the next time ill probably go with something that doesnt have glass on the front and back. but other than that i love pretty much everything about this phone.

7 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

well with android devices there are a lot of great options. for me the z3 works perfectly. but when i switch the next time ill probably go with something that doesnt have glass on the front and back. but other than that i love pretty much everything about this phone.

I had a Xperia Z before my iPhone 5s and was one of the best phones I ever had, absolute pleasure to use and I may go Sony again and use it for work and personal (Need dual sim lol)

Pebble Time or Time Round? Both are nice, though the Round doesn't have the same 5 day battery life that the Time and Time Steel have.

My Microsoft Band 1 works absolutely well with my iphone 6S. But i'd suggest the Band 2 over Band 1 any day due to the oddly shaped strap which might not be that comfortable to people with large wrists. I have small hands btw so fine by me.