Download time

Amazingx

What is the waited time for game of 16.8 gb to be downloaded on 400-500 mb/s. Its really sloe internte ik

400Mb/s is slow...?

EDIT: For 16.8GB, it would take to 269 to 336 seconds with a 400-500Mbps connection (assuming you're maxing it out, that is.)

400mb/s is  beyond fast...how is that slow? 

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

assuming you meant KB/s it would take a little over 9 hours if it was always going at 500 KB/s

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Ye kb my mistake well how much time. Im buying amazing spiderman bundle for ps3 which is 16.8 gb so i want to know

1 minute ago, Amazingx said:

Ye kb my mistake well how much time. Im buying amazing spiderman bundle for ps3 which is 16.8 gb so i want to know

Do you actually mean kb (kilobits) or KB (kilobytes)? The difference would change the time quite a bit. 

If we're talking Kilobits, it would take about 4 days at 400Kbps. 

If we're talking Kilobytes, it would take 12 hours at 400KB/s

For future reference, just google "download speed calculator" and hit the one of the first results.

Or you can do it yourself quite easily, I've learned it at 10 years old:

Get to common unit, for example if your dl speed is 400 kB/s and you have 16.8GB to download, you'll either have to convert the first to GB/s or the second to kB. Steps are B, kB, MB, GB, TB (etc., but you won't be downloading in petabyte-sized or larger files), to get to the next step, multiply with 1024 and to get to the previous, you divide. So to get 16.8GB to kB, you multiply twice with 1024 (note, this doesn't mean 1024 * 2!): 16.8 * 1024 * 1024 = 17,616,077kB (rounded, you don't need the decimals). With your download speed of 400 kB/s, you can divide the file size, so you get ~44,040s (the kBs cancel out, again rounded). To get value in minutes or hours, you divide the value by 60 or 3600, but I'm sure you're familiar with how to convert time. But anyways, 44040s is 734min or 12.23h. You could also convert both values to bytes and then calculate the time, the result is the same, you'll just have more work to do.

Also keep in mind that the internet speed marketed by ISP, for example 10Mb/s is in bits (lowercase b), not bytes (uppercase B), which is commonly used to represent file sizes. Each byte is 8 bits, therefore to get highest actual transfer speed, you divide the speed by 8, in the case of example, that would be 10 / 8 = 1.25MB/s. For the average consumer, in my opinion, transfer speed in bits is just a marketing gimmick, so the number is higher, which sounds better. Note that conversely, especially when describing sizes or speeds, the value is often written in lowercase when in fact it's meant to represent bytes (uppercase B). This is due to author being too lazy to uppercase the letter. For this reason, it's assumed that the unit is meant to be bytes and it's explicitly noted when talking about bits or there is enough context to know, for example, I know that there probably no ISP that provides specifically 400kbit/s connection, so I've assumed you are talking about the effective transfer speed, in bytes. 

Btw, this knowledge will come useful if you're planning on studying anything computer-related. It always seemed as a given to me, but even at 1 year uni, some classmates struggled with some of these concepts.