about this build before i buy it?

filledk

hey all

im soon gonna buy new PC, i wanna be ready to overwatch comes out, and i dont know if my current comnputer can run it (GTX 675MX and i7 3630QM)
i have put together a Computer (see picture)

but will i be able to overclock my CPU in the future with that Mobo and PSU (i think so)
also
will i be able to put another GTX 970 in SLI with that PSU (a total of 2 GTX 970 in SLI)

also, if theres anything that i can do better for about the same money, please write it :-)
i know thats only 1 RAM stick but i wanna upgrade with another one it the future (dual channel)

the price is 1398 USD or 9186DKK (danish currency)

also i have a 2.5" 7200RPM HDD for my games that im gonna use (cause its free)

gaming PC.png

Get 16GB ram, trust me its worth it.

Hope this helps :P

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

1 minute ago, ProKeero said:

Get 16GB ram, trust me its worth it.

Hope this helps :P

i will it the near future :-)

I don't generally recommend 120mm AIOs for CPU cooling when a good air cooler of the same price can do a better job. I'd take a look at the beQuiet Shadow Rock 2.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Just now, HKZeroFive said:

I don't generally recommend 120mm AIOs for CPU cooling when a good air cooler can do a better job. I'd take a look at the beQuiet Shadow Rock 2.

i know, but thats just for show and tell :-)
also im gonna be lifitng the PC around alot as im going to Lan partys, therefor i dont wanna have alot of weight on that motherboard :-D

Your psu choice is fine for sli or overclocking.  But I would change that cooler, either at least a 240/280mm aio or a better quality air cooler.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

Looks good, as mentioned the CPU cooler isn't the best for the price though. Also the 390 generally beats the 970, but prices may be different in some other countries so I would understand if you went with the 970. 

1 minute ago, givegomezthegun said:

Your psu choice is fine for sli or overclocking.  But I would change that cooler, either at least a 240/280mm aio or a better quality air cooler.

is there room for a 240mm cooler in that cabinet?

1 minute ago, filledk said:

is there room for a 240mm cooler in that cabinet?

Yes, you can fit a 240 or a 280 in the front.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

Just now, TrigrH said:

id buy two 4GB sticks then get two more later, instead of 1 8gb stick.

but then i wouldnt be able to get 32GB of ram in the future without changing all the 4GB RAM moduels out :-)

also that 1x 8GB moduel is cheaper than the 2x 4GB RAM moduels on there site (sense right)

2 minutes ago, givegomezthegun said:

Yes, you can fit a 240 or a 280 in the front.

okay, i might do that :-)

i actully tough that becool i was a good quality product?

1 minute ago, filledk said:

but then i wouldnt be able to get 32GB of ram in the future without changing all the 4GB RAM moduels out :-)

also that 1x 8GB moduel is cheaper than the 2x 4GB RAM moduels on there site (sense right)

you wont need 32gb of ram 24gb would be plenty 4,8,4,8

14 minutes ago, filledk said:

hey all

im soon gonna buy new PC, i wanna be ready to overwatch comes out, and i dont know if my current comnputer can run it (GTX 675MX and i7 3630QM)
i have put together a Computer (see picture)

but will i be able to overclock my CPU in the future with that Mobo and PSU (i think so)
also
will i be able to put another GTX 970 in SLI with that PSU (a total of 2 GTX 970 in SLI)

also, if theres anything that i can do better for about the same money, please write it :-)
i know thats only 1 RAM stick but i wanna upgrade with another one it the future (dual channel)

the price is 1398 USD or 9186DKK (danish currency)

also i have a 2.5" 7200RPM HDD for my games that im gonna use (cause its free)

gaming PC.png

Get the R9 390. Also, you dont need 16gb of ram

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

for a RAM disk i need all those GB i can get fot a fair price :-D

Just now, filledk said:

comments:

Spoiler

1) i agree with 1 8gb stick, leaves room for expansion up to 32gb in the future

2) nice cpu and motherboard choice :D

3) try get an air cooler or dual rad instead of a single rad, single rad AIO arent worth it

4) nice ssd

5) overkill psu wattage, your machine only needs around 500~600W, but if you're going dual gpu in the future then thats fine, overkill psu is fine too i guess lol, just that it cost more

6) i recommend an R9 390 over a 970, unless you like the efficiency or using nvidia's features. the R9 390 performs better in games and costs the same, if not lower

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, Moonzy said:

comments:

Reveal hidden contents

1) i agree with 1 8gb stick, leaves room for expansion up to 32gb in the future

2) nice cpu and motherboard choice :D

3) try get an air cooler or dual rad instead of a single rad, single rad AIO arent worth it

4) nice ssd

5) overkill psu wattage, your machine only needs around 500~600W, but if you're going dual gpu in the future then thats fine, overkill psu is fine too i guess lol, just that it cost more

6) i recommend an R9 390 over a 970, unless you like the efficiency or using nvidia's features. the R9 390 performs better in games and costs the same, if not lower

Get the fuck out of here moonzy! remember the feds are coming!

Kek

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

but all in all, a good Computer?

change the cooler and then i can buy?

Just now, TrigrH said:

its recommended that you dont use different capacity ram due to stability issues

its also recommended you use the ram from the same kit too, but thats tough in an incremental upgrade like the OP planned

6 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Also maybe this instead:

MSI GeForce GTX 970 OC 4GB

msi_gtx_970_4gd5t_oc_geforce_gtx_970_4gd

but i like the STRIX that shuts off the fans when not in use :-D

Just now, Moonzy said:

its recommended that you dont use different capacity ram due to stability issues

its also recommended you use the ram from the same kit too, but thats tough in an incremental upgrade like the OP planned

thats incorrect.

using different type/capacity ram in the same channel maybe but not in a different channel.

Just now, TrigrH said:

using different type/capacity ram in the same channel maybe but not in a different channel.

well if you say so

Get the Cooler Master MasterCase 5 pro if your gonna travel because it has handles on the top. 

Reliable $550 Starter PC (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KGgpZL) *Just waiting for someone to need help with there ram so I can make a downloadmoreram.com joke*