about this build before i buy it?

filledk
6 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

you can create a custom fan profile to do this

in the bios or in the OS??? (Windows 10) 

im gonna reinstall windows every 6 month, as i do now so there for i would like to do that in the bios :-D

i run a black and white themed build. with sli 970s. i regret it though. im not pleased with my 970s. i would encourage you to go for an r9 390. but if your set on the 970's look at the asus turbo 970. its really nice and white. i modded the shroud so i could watercool it easily and keep it like it is.

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

1 minute ago, thorbrantly101 said:

i run a black and white themed build. with sli 970s. i regret it though. im not pleased with my 970s. i would encourage you to go for an r9 390. but if your set on the 970's look at the asus turbo 970. its really nice and white. i modded the shroud so i could watercool it easily and keep it like it is.

may i ask what the is reason that you regret the black and white theme?

im really hooked on the 970, cause i often use the shadow play, and i maby gonna buy VR headset (well im nt quied sure yet)

what is the performance percentage ( % ) for the 390 over the 970 strix ?

3 minutes ago, filledk said:

may i ask what the is reason that you regret the black and white theme?

im really hooked on the 970, cause i often use the shadow play, and i maby gonna buy VR headset (well im nt quied sure yet)

what is the performance percentage ( % ) for the 390 over the 970 strix ?

very slight. give or take 5-10% but it has more then double the vram which really proves itself in xfire situations. once in xfire u should expect better gains then the 970s. 

btw cooler model other then blower vs open really does not matter. the performance delta in terms of oc is usually less then 1%. get one with features and a look you like instead of which will cool better by half a degree.

edit: un-unfortunately i dont know of a white r9 390.

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

3 minutes ago, thorbrantly101 said:

very slight. give or take 5-10% but it has more then double the vram which really proves itself in xfire situations. once in xfire u should expect better gains then the 970s. 

btw cooler model other then blower vs open really does not matter. the performance delta in terms of oc is usually less then 1%. get one with features and a look you like instead of which will cool better by half a degree.

not really sure what Xfire is???

1 minute ago, filledk said:

not really sure what Xfire is???

xfire = cross fire 

cross fire is amd's version of sli. basicly the same thing.

1 minute ago, thorbrantly101 said:

xfire = cross fire 

cross fire is amd's version of sli. basicly the same thing.

well i know what crossfire is. just didnt know that it also goes by the term xfire ( i also call it CFX)

but i think that im gonna go with the 970 STRIX, and then just overclock it like the  asus turbo 970
  -gpu overclock can be done in bios right?

16 hours ago, filledk said:

well i know what crossfire is. just didnt know that it also goes by the term xfire ( i also call it CFX)

but i think that im gonna go with the 970 STRIX, and then just overclock it like the  asus turbo 970
  -gpu overclock can be done in bios right?

gpu overclocks are done through windows and programs like msi afterburner.

also i wouldnt recomend overclocking the strix. i used to own it. the fans start making noise after 50% speed.