SSD or Power Supply

SSD or PSU  

13 members have voted

1. 1. SSD or PSU

I have $60 and I want to get either a new PSU for some upgrade flexibility or an SSD because I have hard drives. So what should I get?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

7 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

I have $60 and I want to get either a new PSU for some upgrade flexibility or an SSD because I have hard drives. So what should I get?

If you want to upgrade that GPU past (or possibly even to, if OCing) a GTX 960 or R9 380, then you'll need to upgrade the PSU eventually, but I would recommend an SSD.

ok do I know my suggestion was flawed on your last topic, but SSD all the way on this one.

No reason to get a PSU if the one you have is already working. 

SSD would provide an excellent speed boost. So much so you may be happy with the performance for quite a while and not need to upgrade (negating the need for a PSU)

You'll get no performance benefit from a PSU, you will from an SSD..

No brainer really.

That psu does not have a very good rep, but since your system is not very power hungry, it should be ok. with $60 you should be able to get a decent 120gb ssd, and a fresh install of windows on that baby will speed the whole OS up...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

The PSU is in the range of "meh" (not excellent, but not a ticking time bomb either). Since your components are low powered, that PSU should be fine for a long whiled unless you wanted a new GPU as well.

I recommend the SSD upgrade.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

40 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

For your system your PSU is fine so get the SSD you want man.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

44 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Why is this even a question? This is like buying gas when you don't even own a car.