PC remodel

First of all, as for 980 vs 980Ti, s there really a major performance difference? I need a super overkill 1080P GPU and well, only have 425 currently. I've been looking for a used 980 Ti, but simply can't find one (For obvious reasons), so should I wait until I can afford a 980 Ti, or will performance be equivalent to a 980 at 1080P? I might do some crazy super sampling if I can, but probably not for a while, and will I achieve similar performance by perhaps adding another 980 in the future? I have a total PC budget of around 575, but I may get an extra hundred or so in a few months. So I assume a budget of about 700 at most for this PC remodel. I want to get my GPU first, because I don't have one currently and need to get my PC working (I haven't updated my profile in a while), so I want to start with a new GPU. I have 425 cash and 150 in the bank that I am hesitant to use, but will if I must. I need to put aside some of my budget for a new case, so let's say, 150 for a new 760T or something. Then I have 550 remaining. I want to get some Dominator Platinums (4x8GB DDR4) to replace my Crucial Ballistix Sport which has some ugly heat spreaders, so like 150-200 for that, leaving me with 350-400 for a GPU, which will probably be a 980, unless I can sell some more PC parts and bring it up to 500 to maybe get a 980 Ti if I'm lucky. Is this a well balanced idea, or should I change something? Let me know and thanks for looking!

no the 980ti is still much better than a 980 eve at 1080p

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

While saving some money wait for the pascal release as well and than get a 980 ti or even pascal if affordable

2 minutes ago, Zeinone said:

While saving some money wait for the pascal release as well and than get a 980 ti or even pascal if affordable

I'm moving to Europe and have no GPU for my PC, so not only will pricing be terrible, but I simply can't wait that long...

3 minutes ago, ChickenNugget said:

I'm moving to Europe and have no GPU for my PC, so not only will pricing be terrible, but I simply can't wait that long...

well if you are that much in a hurry I'd get a 980 ti if possible. Just don't buy the 980 no matter what, not worth it.

Just now, Zeinone said:

well if you are that much in a hurry I'd get a 980 ti if possible. Just don't buy the 980 no matter what, not worth it.

Do you think it will be worth anything when Pascal is released, so I can sell and at least get like a GTX 1070?

Well no one can accurately answer you that, but the 980 ti is a beast card (i own one myself). It will be valuable but I don't know how much will it's price drop, and will people still want to buy it.