Deciding on graphics cards

Hey I am making a new computer build, and cannot decide what graphics card to get. I am currently looking into a Gtx 970 4gb but feel like that is a little to overkill for what I am doing, which is playing and recording games like h1z1, falllout 4(with mods) and other games at high quality smoothly. But also my main concern is rendering so I wont be playing these games as often. So, I feel like I may want this graphics card for the future but don't want to spend all the money in case I dont want to play these games as much. But, I will pay the money if it is worth the extra for gaming here and there, or just going for the 960. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, chrico25 said:

you should get a 390 instead of the 970 if you dont need nvidia features. and there will probably always be games that you like to play that can push the gpu and it will be faster in rendering

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

you should get a 390 instead of the 970 if you dont need nvidia features. and there will probably always be games that you like to play that can push the gpu and it will be faster in rendering

Alright, thanks!

I think you should pay extra money and get 970 or 390. Either of them will be just fine for 1080p gaming. If you have any plan to get 2560x1440 monitor in next 1-2 years, go with 390 instead.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB