Two GPUs - Power supply question

Hi,

I'm planning to expand my pc with second card. I was wondering if that PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 - will do the job for both cards? 

GPUs:

1x GTX 980ti

1x GTX 680

Processor- i7 5820k

Motherboard- MSI X99A SLI PLUS/ 2.1 socekt 2011v3

Thanks for help!

Have this exact power supply and I can say yes, this will work fine.

However please note you can't use both cards for games. These cards aren't SLI compatible.

Want to build yourself a NAS? Check here!

4 minutes ago, Zbrushor said:

GPUs:

1x GTX 980ti

1x GTX 680

You can't SLI those cards, so I don't know why you'd want to have both of them in your system, unless one is going to be just for folding or something.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

You can't SLI those cards, so I don't know why you'd want to have both of them in your system, unless one is going to be just for folding or something.

Well he didn't mention SLI, and probably knows that they are not compatible. Still good heads up from you in case he didn't realize that.

@Blucyrik @Zeinone @Aereldor Cool thanks guys :) I will be using them for Octane rendering engine (full gpu and unbiased) They don't have to run in SLI. GTX680 will be for my system and 980ti will be for rendering only.

3 minutes ago, Zeinone said:

Well he didn't mention SLI, and probably knows that they are not compatible. Still good heads up from you in case he didn't realize that.

He/she did tell us the full model number of his motherboard even though he was asking about power supplies and multi-GPU support, so I'd guess he/she is somewhat new to this.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

1 minute ago, Zbrushor said:

@BlucyrikCool thank man :) I will be using them for Octane rendering engine (full gpu and unbiased) They don't have to run in SLI. GTX680 will be for my system and 980ti will be for rendering only.

That's what I assumed :) It's a fantastic power supply though! I've been using it in my Home server 24/7 for about 2 months straight. Still going strong

Want to build yourself a NAS? Check here!