CableMod good/trustworthy?

VagabondWraith

I was looking on CableMod.com at their selection and found a set of red cables I like for $100 bucks. The Seasonic cables are high quality but not visually appealing.

I'm wondering if anybody shopped there before and what you think. Is it high quality cables? I don't want to spend a large amount of money if I get the cables and they're flimsy and cheap.

I appreciate the answers.

Edited by VagabondWraith
Grammar

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

12 hours ago, VagabondWraith said:

I was looking on CableMod.com at their selection and found a set of red cables I like for $100 bucks. The Seasonic cables are high quality but not visually appealing.

I'm wondering if anybody shopped their before and what you think. Is it high quality cables? I don't want to spend a large amount of money if I get the cables and their flimsy and cheap.

HOLY HELL

HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED A LINUS BUILD

FUCKING

DO IT

NOW

THEY ARE THE BEST

3 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

I'm wondering if anybody shopped there before and what you think. Is it high quality cables? I don't want to spend a large amount of money if I get the cables and they're flimsy and cheap.

Cablemod are great

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

btw hes on the forum too if you want to talk to him

@CableMod

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

13 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

let me know if you got any specific question and I will help you out. :)

24 minutes ago, Josephdalepi said:

HOLY HELL

HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED A LINUS BUILD

FUCKING

DO IT

NOW

THEY ARE THE BEST

considering the shit they've done recently

eh

why trust them

To OP: yes, CableMod is very trustworthy. They're pretty much the premier custom cable company, if that's the way to phrase it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, CableMod said:

let me know if you got any specific question and I will help you out. :)

Hello, thank you for your time. :)

I was just curious because I've never shopped there before but I've seen it mentioned quite often here/elsewhere. I went to check it out and saw a red cable kit (I have a red/black/white theme) that piqued my interest. I just had the normal/general questions of the quality of the cables and such. I thought I read somewhere that high quality cables tend to be "harder" to work with i.e. inserting/pulling the cables out. The Seasonic cables are like that but I assume these are much the same. Also, I was wondering if there's specific kits tailored to certain PSU's. I was looking at CableMod B-Series DPP Cable Kit - RED that states its compatible with Dark Power Pro 10/11 PSU's. Is there one that would be suited for my PSU (SeaSonic Platinum 860)?

Sorry if any of these questions are silly. I'm really in need of giving my PC some more accent and these products look great.

Thanks again. :)

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

eh

why trust them

To OP: yes, CableMod is very trustworthy. They're pretty much the premier custom cable company, if that's the way to phrase it.

It seems everybody overwhelmingly approves of them. I'll just shut up now. ha

If only they had stores/resellers in Asia ):

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

12 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

If only they had stores/resellers in Asia ):

I contacted them directly and they were willing to ship cables to me and I used paypal to pay them directly. They were really helpful and the price with shipping was completely reasonable. Now I'm just waiting for shipping and delivery. :) If you really need the custom cables you might want to contact them and see what you can work out. 

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

2 minutes ago, Papakuma said:

I contacted them directly and they were willing to ship cables to me and I used paypal to pay them directly. They were really helpful and the price with shipping was completely reasonable. Now I'm just waiting for shipping and delivery. :) If you really need the custom cables you might want to contact them and see what you can work out. 

Oh I know they are willing to ship it, just that the total price would cost more than the RM850x I will be getting soon :P

13 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

eh

why trust them

this is new news to me

what did they do?

12 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

just the way the channel's been heading

it's not good to say the least

ohh

you mean ltt

i dont even care, bro

theyve reviewed and done basically everything they can

i love this beautiful, awful shit

it is hilarious!

2 hours ago, VagabondWraith said:

Hello, thank you for your time. :)

I was just curious because I've never shopped there before but I've seen it mentioned quite often here/elsewhere. I went to check it out and saw a red cable kit (I have a red/black/white theme) that piqued my interest. I just had the normal/general questions of the quality of the cables and such. I thought I read somewhere that high quality cables tend to be "harder" to work with i.e. inserting/pulling the cables out. The Seasonic cables are like that but I assume these are much the same. Also, I was wondering if there's specific kits tailored to certain PSU's. I was looking at CableMod B-Series DPP Cable Kit - RED that states its compatible with Dark Power Pro 10/11 PSU's. Is there one that would be suited for my PSU (SeaSonic Platinum 860)?

Sorry if any of these questions are silly. I'm really in need of giving my PC some more accent and these products look great.

Thanks again. :)

we do list all compatibility information here: https://cablemod.com/compatibility/

1 minute ago, CableMod said:

we are opening up a Global Online shop for the Asian market - should be live in 3-4 weeks.

Nice! Any idea which country?

14 minutes ago, CableMod said:

We will ship to any Asian country - shipping will be between $20-30USD.

So you're talking real here? ANY Asian country? Even Middle Eastern countries that are in Asia?

CPU: Intel i7-6700k - GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW - Motherboard: Asus Z170-A - RAM: Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3000MHz - CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro GTX H110i - PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 650W P2 - Case: NZXT H440 White/Black - OS: Windows 10 Home - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red RGB

Just now, Zack Brown said:

So you're talking real here? ANY Asian country? Even Middle Eastern countries that are in Asia?

correct - WORLDWIDE shipping from our new Global Store that will launch in 3-4 weeks.

I don't trust @CableMod at all. I ordered a llama from them and they just sent me a crap ton of very well built affordable led strips with no mess magnetic mounting. I mean yea they are great but it isn't what I ordered at all. Come on man, get your crap together.

9 hours ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

I don't trust @CableMod at all. I ordered a llama from them and they just sent me a crap ton of very well built affordable led strips with no mess magnetic mounting. I mean yea they are great but it isn't what I ordered at all. Come on man, get your crap together.

we are very sorry about this - we thought that we did ship a llama as well - we will make it up for you and you can pick a new one in your favorite color. Which one should it be?

giphy.gif

58 minutes ago, CableMod said:

we are very sorry about this - we thought that we did ship a llama as well - we will make it up for you and you can pick a new one in your favorite color. Which one should it be?

giphy.gif

Wow. Literally everything you do comes in rgb lol. Can you make one that changes or does that cost extra?

I figure you're a better brand than alchemist so you can probably handle more than one color at a time.:D

• 11 months later...

So I'm bumping this thread on purpose. I'm wondering if the CableMod affiliate will actually still reply to my comments or not and if so, curious what they will say.

As to the OP's original question, I guess that depends on who makes the custom cables you want. Let me explain.

So I ordered a very specifically designed set of SATA cables because of the case they were being housed in; a Phanteks Eclipse P400S. Now, I have 5 SSDs and the Eclipse only allows 2 back mounted MOBO SSDs or 2.5" HDD to be attached so I had to be creative. I purchased 2 additional Phanteks Modular HDD trays and the last SSD goes into a drive bay under the PSU shroud. So those additional 3 SSDs makes for a bit of a wonky connector issue. I basically have 2 SSDS 50 mm apart then a connector for the case itself at another 50mm, the 3rd SSD at 100mm then the PSU 400MM. I attached the original order request for a better idea of what I ordered.

NOW, here's where the problem comes in and why I decided to respond to an old ass post. When I finally got my cables the dual SATA power ones I got worked (more on that in a moment) But the ones that meant the most to me came out totally borked. The measurements were dead on, that wasn't the problem. The problem was that every single connector was BACKWARDS! This meant that in order to connect them I had to turn the cable around which totally defeats the purpose of A) measuring them in a certain way from PSU to the last SSD AND B) defeats the purpose of spending 40$ on a cable! 

So I contacted CM and sent them dozens of pictures and asked them why this came out like this. Their response wasn't to apologize and have me send back the cable to be corrected it was to tell me, "That's just how it's made." Uhhh ... WHAT?! Who purposefully makes the cable connectors opposite of how any other standard SATA power connector would be? The only reason my dual SATA cable works even with the same issue is because it's only two connections and since the measurement is equal between the two, flipping the cable didn't make a difference. But in actuality, they were also incorrectly built. 

I may be one of a very small percent in my complaint but I thought it best to at least be honest because I wouldn't want someone to have to have cables they are now stuck with and just lose money. Again, if CM had of just said, "Oh snap. lol WTF is that?" And asked me to send back the cables to be redone, I would have gladly done so without care. I'm not one of those people who loses their mind over this type of stuff because I know and accept, accidents happen. What bothers me is CM apparent lack of wanting to make it right. So in response to your very old post, personally I cannot and will not recommend CM. Maybe if you buy one of their predone kits; maybe. If you have specific tailored needs, no. No, I would not.

CMpost.JPG