Camera for youtube and twitch

Hellow friends :)

I'm searching for a good camera for recording video for youtube and twitch.
And I have been looking at the Panasonic Lumix G7 for quite some time.

But can I use a capture card on this camera and use it as a webcam in obs so I can use this as a webcam. (In 1080p)
If it doesn't are there any other camera's that can record 4K and 1080p at the same quality of the G7 and arround the same price $700 - $1100 with lenses.

This will be my first camera so sorry for being a noob :D

I do have a C920 and a C930e and a Nokia from the stone age :D

The phone I have can't even record in 360p.

I never use a phone so the one I have is 8 years old coverd in dust :D

If you just looking for only facecam things like commentators do, then just stick with your C920, but if you're planning on doing vlogs and using a tripod for twitch then i'd say Canon Power Shot G7

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

The Canon Power shot G7 and the Sony Rx 100 III are greath 1080P camera's but i really want to be able to record in 4K.

Sony Rx 100 IIII can do this but it does overheat after 5 minutes if i recall correctly.

the Panasonic g7 will probably be your best bet for 4k. Not entirely sure if it has a clean hdmi out while recording though. I think a normal webcam should be more than enough for streaming on twitch and it wont be much of a hassle to set up.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

The Sony FDR-AX53 is a newer version of the Ax33v.

So I rather buy the newer version if you can use it as a webcam in obs while doing livestreams.

11 minutes ago, Atleke said:

The Sony FDR-AX53 is a newer version of the Ax33v.

So I rather buy the newer version if you can use it as a webcam in obs while doing livestreams.

Well with a video capture card, you should be able to use it to stream video.

Or if you really want a good 4K camera, that supports various types of broadcasting and streaming equipment, you can always get the video camera I have.  Might have to sell one of your kidneys.

Or if you want a 4K camera that's like a tank, ask @Dredgy, though his doesn't have an HDMI port. Mine's better :P

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

@ALwin Tanks are efficient, no messing around, just do what needs to be done and to hell with consequences.

Though I have just taken delivery of a Blackmagic Micro a Studio Camera 4K. I haven't used it enough to be able to recommend it, and it is just outside your price range, but it's an option to consider. It's actually built for streaming (well, broadcast), so it doesn't even have a screen or a memory card slot, so you have to hook it up to a monitor or recorder - whether that be your computer, a rackmounted deck or a portable recorder.

If you have an SDI capture card, it can output 4K, or it can do 1080p60 over HDMI.

Its largely a professional product that will require some professional investment (capture cards, cables) but is pretty cheap and can make use of consumer grade accessories such as cheap tripods, sliders etc, because it's much smaller or lighter than DSLR.

image.thumb.jpg.f7eb8abf1dfb14b9e3244702

And to answer your question - yes the GH4 can be outputted to a capture card.

Yes the GH4 is also a camera where I have been looking to over the past weeks.

The cheapest that I can get in belgium is for €1679 with lenses.
If i hook it up to an extreme cap U3 can I use then to record in 1080p without a time limit in obs?

If so I probably go that road I safed my cash for so long so going a little overboard can't harm and I probably don't need to buy a new camera for the next 10 years after that. xD