No ipv4 Access when connected to Windows 10 VPN

So I made a incoming connection and configured the VPN connection to connect to my LAN IP before I tried the WAN address. Sometimes it will connect, sometimes it won't. On the WAN IP address, it won't even connect to the VPN.

Also, when I try to connect to the VPN via my tablet, it will connect to the WAN IP, but will have no internet access. 

I have also forwarded the port 1723 (TCP) on my router and confirmed that my router supports a VPN connection. I have also tried to disable Windows firewall.

Just for clarification I have using the built it Windows VPN server. Anyone have any ideas on what I can try or what I am doing wrong?

So for clarification, you are trying to VPN to your home router from someplace else but are experiencing the issues described? Also, your router has a built in Windows VPN server or you have a Windows VPN server on your network? If you have a Windows VPN server on your network, what provides the DHCP?

I have made my main desktop the VPN server, and my router provides the DHCP. 

4 minutes ago, Elthorian said:

I have made my main desktop the VPN server, and my router provides the DHCP. 

There's a lot of things that could not be set up right but check that your router is forwarding the right ports to your desktop for the protocol being used and your desktop VPN server is configured to give clients the correct information to reach the router for DHCP. 

Check out this documentation for the ports for different protocols:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/rrasblog/2006/06/14/which-ports-to-unblock-for-vpn-traffic-to-pass-through/

6 hours ago, Elthorian said:

So I made a incoming connection and configured the VPN connection to connect to my LAN IP before I tried the WAN address. Sometimes it will connect, sometimes it won't. On the WAN IP address, it won't even connect to the VPN.

And you should be only using your routers public IP to reach the VPN server from outside your network. If everything is set up correctly the router should see the ports and forward your request to the VPN server.

31 minutes ago, Robert.pvf said:

And you should be only using your routers public IP to reach the VPN server from outside your network. If everything is set up correctly the router should see the ports and forward your request to the VPN server.

Ok thanks! I will try this and see if it works.