EVGA 980Ti SC+ coilwhine and psu

Hello fellow LTT members,

I recently build my first rig, and pretty much everything when smooth.

But now i ran into a problem with extreme coilwhine. My EVGA 980Ti SC+ is making some godawful noises when gaming. This started after about 2 weeks and seems to have only gotten worse and worse.

I contacted EVGA and they told me to check the 12v power and if it was consistent, and it seems to be fine. Then they told me to run a burn-in test for 4 to 8 hours, just to be safe i went for the full 8 hours but still the problem is there and it has not gotten any less.

The last advice they gave me would be to try another psu, but i do not have another one. I was planning to replace the one i have at some point, its semi-modular and just barely meets the power requirements, but i do not have the money atm and i am not sure if this will solve the problem.

Specs:

Mobo: Asus Maximus VIII Hero

Cpu: 6700k

Cpu cooling: H100I GTX

Gpu: EVGA 980Ti SC+

Psu: Corsair CX600M

Ram: Corsair dominator platinum 4x4gb ddr4

Storage: Samsung 850 evo 1tb ssd, seagate 2tb hdd

Case: Coolermaster MasterCase Pro 5

What do you guys think, would a new psu solve this? Or do i need to RMA it? (btw, how long would an RMA take?, im in the netherlands)

Also, for now everything is running at stock factory speed, no overclock on any part done yet.

Thanks for the help!

Jorith

I doubt the new PSU will solve the coilwhine, I've had soo many 980Ti's with coil whine :( 

But, you should get a new PSU regardless. For such a high end system a power supply like that is not a good idea... Anyways, if the whine is really that bad I'd RMA the card and then buy a new PSU (This is a good one for $60 after rebate! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438053 )

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I would RMA the card anyway, just to be safe. Depending on where you bought it, it should take between 1 and 2 weeks.

No. Another PSU will not help you. Its possible the coilwhine goes away, but it also can stay forever. If its too annoying, RMA the Card.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Thanks for all the advice, RMA it is... 

Hope its a bit fast, dont really have a temp replacement