Help with a custom loop!

Hey i was thinking of doing a watercooling loop, however i have no idea where to start, or what part to pick and all that. And i was hoping one of you lovely LTT forum custom loop wizards would help me with picking the components for the loop :)

The only "requirements" i have for the loop are:

Hardpipes(cause it looks amazing!)

Metallic/white/black colors (maybe one of those mixed with some red).

Only a GPU + CPU loop

It'd be really awesome if you could refer me to a site that is selling within the EU (not europe, EU)

Lastly, my case is the S340, please do tell if you'd recommend another case with a PSU shroud that'd be more fitting for a custom loop :)

CPU: i7 5820k @3.2           Motherboard: Asrock x99x Killer           CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO           GPU: Asus 280x DirectCU II

Case: NZXT S340            RAM: 8GB Hyperx Fury DDR4 @2133MHz           HDD: Corsair Force LS 120GB           PSU: EVGA GQ 650W 80+GOLD

Check out jays2cents channel:

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

whats your budget? hard tubing is not as cheap as soft tubing since it usually requires more fittings. i wouldnt recommend it if youve never done soft tubing before. the tubing can crack, water does expand when its getting hotter etc. but of course you can do it for your first loop, nothing wrong with that. just gather enough information about hard tubing.

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

25 minutes ago, かあびぃ said:

Hey i was thinking of doing a watercooling loop, however i have no idea where to start, or what part to pick and all that. And i was hoping one of you lovely LTT forum custom loop wizards would help me with picking the components for the loop :)

The only "requirements" i have for the loop are:

Hardpipes(cause it looks amazing!)

Metallic/white/black colors (maybe one of those mixed with some red).

Only a GPU + CPU loop

It'd be really awesome if you could refer me to a site that is selling within the EU (not europe, EU)

Lastly, my case is the S340, please do tell if you'd recommend another case with a PSU shroud that'd be more fitting for a custom loop :)

start with ekwb.com :)

1 hour ago, jcw150 said:

What's your budget?

1 hour ago, Minsekt said:

whats your budget? hard tubing is not as cheap as soft tubing since it usually requires more fittings. i wouldnt recommend it if youve never done soft tubing before. the tubing can crack, water does expand when its getting hotter etc. but of course you can do it for your first loop, nothing wrong with that. just gather enough information about hard tubing.

Around 400-ish usd

CPU: i7 5820k @3.2           Motherboard: Asrock x99x Killer           CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO           GPU: Asus 280x DirectCU II

Case: NZXT S340            RAM: 8GB Hyperx Fury DDR4 @2133MHz           HDD: Corsair Force LS 120GB           PSU: EVGA GQ 650W 80+GOLD

13 minutes ago, かあびぃ said:

Around 400-ish usd

For that price you will find it very hard to get hardline tubing (sorry). I would consider spending that money on upgaring your graphics card unless your heart is set on custom watercooling.

Just now, jcw150 said:

For that price you will find it very hard to get hardline tubing (sorry). I would consider spending that money on upgaring your graphics card unless your heart is set on custom watercooling.

Of course that'll be done later on. Waiting on pascal :)

Just wondering if it'd be realistic to get something nice looking and well performing at that pricepoint :)

you could look for cooling components from Alphacool and Phobya. They look a bit more "industrial" than the "high bling" EK components but are a good deal more affordable. 

I have a soft tube loop based on those parts and i have nothing bad to say about them. http://www.aquatuning.de/ is a good source for both.

7 minutes ago, Seri said:

you could look for cooling components from Alphacool and Phobya. They look a bit more "industrial" than the "high bling" EK components but are a good deal more affordable. 

I have a soft tube loop based on those parts and i have nothing bad to say about them. http://www.aquatuning.de/ is a good source for both.

what he said. for hard tubing youre looking almost for fittings only at 300-400ish bucks if youre going for straight tubes at least. 

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

40 minutes ago, かあびぃ said:

Of course that'll be done later on. Waiting on pascal :)

Just wondering if it'd be realistic to get something nice looking and well performing at that pricepoint :)

My advice would be not to watercool the GPU then. I think you should also buy a high quality CPU block (EK make a special x99 one) cause you will probably keep it for quite a while.