[US - Newegg Combo] Intel i5 4690K + Z87 + 8GB RAM for $300

HKZeroFive

Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. Slap on a nice aftermarket cooler and overclock to your heart's content. Only downside might be the yellow colour of the motherboard, but I don't know, some of you may like it. Not sure when the deal ends so get it while you can.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2776726

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

2 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. Slap on a nice aftermarket cooler and overclock to your heart's content. Only downside might be the yellow colour of the motherboard, but I don't know, some of you may like it. Not sure when the deal ends so get it while you can.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2776726

Well damn, that is a pretty good deal, the motherboard isn't the best though...

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

How is OC on the motherboard compared to z97?  My buddy is currently looking at parts for a build

FYI this is a "shell shocker" deal so it is today only!

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

4 hours ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

How is OC on the motherboard compared to z97?  My buddy is currently looking at parts for a build

FYI this is a "shell shocker" deal so it is today only!

It's pretty much identical to the Z97 other than the fact it doesn't have support for SATA Express and M.2. - so the Z87 will essentially overclock exactly the same as a Z97.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder