What is this worth?

-ism

I was wondering what you guys would value my PC at. Not how much it's worth if I bought the parts new, I am aware of how much I spent on my PC. Just wondering what you think a REASONABLE offer would be. The other day someone offered me $800, but I feel like that's a low ball offer. I could get $400 for my GPU anyways. 

Specs:
NZXT H440 Case with minor scratches
Nvidia EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked Edition
AsRock Z77 Extreme 4
2x 1 TB WD Black Hard Drives
1x 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K
2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz RAM (8GB Total)
Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler 
Intel Core i5-3570k @ 4.5 GHz (Stable up to 4.8, haven't pushed it further)
Corsair AX750 Watt Power Supply (All cables included) 
Wireless Card (Wireless B/G/N)
Case is fully decked out in the stock fans as well as Corsair AF120 Fans
Custom, individually sleeved white power supply cables for the graphics card 

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Don't think of it as quitting gaming, think of it as a change in priorities. When I was at my university both as an undergraduate and doing my Masters I didn't have time to game. I would play a bit here and there but not enough to have a dedicated gaming rig. If you are living in the dorms it's probably easier to use your laptop and monitor anyway. In all honesty, if you aren't using the machine and don't see yourself using it...go ahead and sell it off. By the time you finish school and start working you can decide if you want to pick up the hobby again.

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

@Aytex That is true. I probably would have taken that offer but the fact that my cpu and gpu are overclocked heavily makes me reconsider it. The person would be getting one hell of a PC for $800. Then again, also have to consider that when I built it back when Z77 was new SSDs were a lot pricier, the H100i is pretty much obsolete with the H100i V2. 

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

2 minutes ago, Necrodead said:

If you part it out you would probably get about $1000 - $1200, but you usually get less if you sell it as a whole system.

I did consider that. I am a lazy bum though and don't feel like disassembling my PC. Also there is a certain level of attachment I have to this PC... it's like a first car. Painted the mobo and wireless card myself, as well as the 670 that used to be in it. 

I've sold a couple components previously for the same reason, wanting money back and being fine with lower end components. I can't say I couldn't live without my PC, but it's so nice to have.

I ended up upgrading my machine several times. I can't control myself.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

1 minute ago, Suika said:

I've sold a couple components previously for the same reason, wanting money back and being fine with lower end components. I can't say I couldn't live without my PC, but it's so nice to have.

I ended up upgrading my machine several times. I can't control myself.

Haha I'm the same way. I was such a tech whore when I first built it. Bought multiple graphics cards and returned them and bought more just because it was fun. My PC is drastically different than when I first built it :P

I always feel guilty when i properly game, i always think "i could be doing this" or should be studying but without it i would have no break.

I actually sold my 290 and 'downgraded' to a 380, but for good reason. I wanted to downsize my rig even more and I did, and to be honest a quiet 380 is better than a loud af 290.

I know the feeling. I sold my old build last year for £600 when I built it for £1100 about 6 months prior, i5 4xxxk, 2x 760m all on water, 128gb m.2 SSD 1tb HDD (For the sake of PC stuff we get fucked on prices so $=£ regardless of exchange rate) .

It was to friend as i was initially advertising it at £750. As others have mentioned when it becomes "used" its worth barely as much. Also unless you sell it locally you need to deal with shipping a PC which can be a headache.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

All I'll say is if you want to sell that GPU do it before Pascal comes out, it might/probably will, drop in price significantly. The rest of the components should hold their value reasonably well for the foreseeable future. Parting it out will gain you the best price methinks. Also as CtrlAltELITE    said shipping an entire PC is fraught with danger, so much rides on the shipping company not kicking the thing around or even just dropping it once.

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

Give you 12$ USD, a case of beer, and some whiskey for it.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313