Best headphones under $60 usd?

Hulkbert
Go to solution Solved by shakenbreak,

This guy does pretty good reviews, his review of the ATH-AD500Xs made me order them almost immediately (patiently waiting for them to arrive). These videos could be worth a watch.

2 minutes ago, Hulkbert said:

Preferably via amazon.

Earbuds? Over-ear? On-ear? Preferred sound signature? Use-case scenario?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

Earbuds? Over-ear? On-ear? Preferred sound signature? Use-case scenario?

Over-ear, general use.

Just now, Hulkbert said:

Over-ear, general use.

"General use?"

What do you mean by that? Indoors? Outdoors? Are you OK with open back headphones? Do you want closed-back headphones?

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

3 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

"General use?"

What do you mean by that? Indoors? Outdoors? Are you OK with open back headphones? Do you want closed-back headphones?

Preferably closed back(but I don't mind open back), I will probably be using them indoors for the most part.

6 minutes ago, Hulkbert said:

Preferably closed back(but I don't mind open back), I will probably be using them indoors for the most part.

The aforementioned Superlux are good. The Tascam TH-02 are great if you add some Brainwavz HM5 pads to them.

for 80 you have the grado sr60e which are open back and are recommended by Austin and TLDtoday as very good and high quality headphones

What kind are you looking. On ear? Over ear? Closed back? Open back? Depending on what type of headphones you are interested in, your options will vary. 

This guy does pretty good reviews, his review of the ATH-AD500Xs made me order them almost immediately (patiently waiting for them to arrive). These videos could be worth a watch.

Spoiler

Computer: I7-8700 | Dark Rock Pro 3 | Z370 HD3 | XFX RX Vega 64 | LPX 16GB 3000mhz | 250GB 850 Evo | 3TB Hitachi HDD | Mobo Box Case (for now) | EVGA 1300w G2

Monitors: MSI Optix G24C 144hz | LG 24" 1080p 

Mouse & Keyboard: Logitech G403 & G413 Carbon

Audio: Fostex T50RP Mk3 | Micca Origen+

1 hour ago, shakenbreak said:

I can't find the velour earpads so, what earpads would you recommend for the HD668B?

3 minutes ago, Hulkbert said:

I can't find the velour earpads so, what earpads would you recommend for the HD668B?

He linked these in the second video (not sure if they will work) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MFDT894/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00MFDT894&linkCode=as2&tag=wwwpuresimula-20&linkId=TCNRQRTFKISV7HB7

These would work http://www.amazon.com/Cosmos-Velvet-Replacement-Cushion-Headphones/dp/B00KLPRQMO/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1458011620&sr=1-6&keywords=SUPERLUX+HD668B

I'm not sure what's good when it comes to pads as I'm completely new to headphone stuff.

Spoiler

Computer: I7-8700 | Dark Rock Pro 3 | Z370 HD3 | XFX RX Vega 64 | LPX 16GB 3000mhz | 250GB 850 Evo | 3TB Hitachi HDD | Mobo Box Case (for now) | EVGA 1300w G2

Monitors: MSI Optix G24C 144hz | LG 24" 1080p 

Mouse & Keyboard: Logitech G403 & G413 Carbon

Audio: Fostex T50RP Mk3 | Micca Origen+