PC randomly restarts

Lexzt

Hey guys, Whats up!

My PC seems to be randomly restarting. No blue screen at all. It just shuts down, and restarts again.

As there are not blue screen, I cant seem to find any error messages to show. Making me think it could be a hardware problem. Maybe the PSU?

Sometimes also, My PC does not output display to monitor, and is stuck in Dr Debug mode. Error Msges varies alot. So cant really say.
Plus, When I press the force reset button, It shut downs first, before restarting like a pc, Like there is a sudden lost of power.
Also, In small games like LoL, When it comes to engages, the FPS suddenly drops, Without a reason. 

I highly think that my PSU is dying, or something, But do help

My Setup:

CPU: i5 2500k ( No Overclock )
GPU: PowerColor 6950.
Mobo: Asrock Extreme 3
PSU: Corsair HX650W
HDD: Seagate 500GB

Any help would be greatly appreiciated. 

Thanks!

When you say it randomly shuts down, do you mean as if you did it in the OS and you get a shutting down screen, or as if you cut off the power, plugged it back in, and pressed the power button?

Spoiler

Power cut off. Like cut off power, plugged it back in, and pressed the power button. Its really weird. And it dosent only happen when the PC requires more Watts. Just randomly happens. Also, It randomly hangs my pc. Even on boot when loading windows. 

Try a different power supply if possible or RMA the current one.

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

Do the fans stop spinning/do the lights turn off when it shuts down? This will help us know what is more likely to cause this. It's probably your PSU but it's not confirmed. Corsair is a great brand and most people I know have had great experiences with RMAing with them, so don't be worried because you probably won't have to buy anything more.

Spoiler

Yea, Pretty sure Corshair is a great brand. But question

- 650 W enough for this rig right?

And yes. Fans literally stop spinning, All mah lights also go out. 
I do not have another PSU to test it out with, But I guess I could RMA it ASAP.

650W seems like enough according to the Thermaltake calculator. I would RMA it very soon because it could potentially damage your components after a while.

Spoiler

Okay thanks alot. Will RMA following week. Any guides on RMA? 

• 1 month later...