What if?

GamerGuy

What if you had 600$ to spend on a computer, a mouse, a keyboard, headphones, a mic and a monitor? How much money would you spend on each?

(This will help me decide how much money to put in each of the things listed above for my next build.)

This was my idea:

Computer 350

Monitor 100

Mouse 40

Keyboard 40

Headphone 50

Mic 20

What would you do?

hi

None. Allocating specific funds for each part is not smart.

I plan depending on pricing and availability along with what I intend to use the system for.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

cheaper on monitor, the bulk of your money should go to your PC, and $350 isn't enough in my opinion

For a whole set up I would save up at least $1500.

1000 computer

150 monitor

60 mouse

100 keyboard

150 headphones/headset

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

For a whole set up I would save up at least $1500.

1000 computer

150 monitor

60 mouse

100 keyboard

150 headphones/headset

dude, if he has a tight budget, you can't change that unless you give him some money dude, but I agree, save up a bit of cash, a $350 PC will get you no where

dude, if he has a tight budget, you can't change that unless you give him some money dude, but I agree, save up a bit of cash, a $350 PC will get you no where

As long as it plays lol, its enough ^~^

hi

well he did say what would I do.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

As long as it plays lol, its enough ^~^

god are you serious? a PC just to play a F2P damn that makes no sense but sure whatever

well he did say what would I do.

he said this, word for word

What if you had 600$ to spend on a computer, a mouse, a keyboard, headphones, a mic and a monitor? How much money would you spend on each?

read first post before you even bother typing

Display Asus VS198D-P  around~$80

Keyboard + mouse combo (get the crappiest one) maybe around $30

Headphone: Logitech Stereo Headset H130 $15 (this have mic included)

total: $125

now you have $425 just purely for your PC

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

Like 10 dolalrs on the cheapest mouse combo I can find, spend however much it is for a tn panel monitor so liek 150 the rest goes on pc.

Like 10 dolalrs on the cheapest mouse combo I can find, spend however much it is for a tn panel monitor so liek 150 the rest goes on pc.

TN, why!?

HAHAHAHAHA, I couldn't help but laugh because you said 'dude' deliberatly, making you sound like a surfer/pothead stereotype. :D

HAHAHAHAHA, I couldn't help but laugh because you said 'dude' deliberatly, making you sound like a surfer/pothead stereotype. :D

I'm sorry I have a formed a speech pattern from being with people :D

I'm sorry to disappoint but there are no beaches and I don't do drugs

god are you serious? a PC just to play a F2P damn that makes no sense but sure whatever

LoL can be quite fun....

And rage inducing.

But mostly fun.

I think....

No, more rage.

LoL can be quite fun....

And rage inducing.

But mostly fun.

I think....

No, more rage.

mostly rage yes, don't see why people can put up with it after 10 minutes of your teammates wanting to cut your throats out

But save up OP, however much it may suck, you have to.

You don't want to be like one of my friends who I built a system for a year ago and be forced to get a cheap Asrock mobo which often BSoDS him now do you?

Save 1000 for the pc, the monitor and other pheripherals can come later, be smart, don't smother your kids.

(This will help me decide how much money to put in each of the things listed above for my next build.)

This was my idea:

Computer 350

Monitor 100

Mouse 40

Keyboard 40

Headphone 50

Mic 20

What would you do?

This is a horrible lay out for your pricing, you need to research man. Spending 40$ on a mouse will hardly get you a better quality then a 10$ mouse. As for headphones & mic? Just get a 70$ headset with a mic and headphones.. Keyboard just pick up a cheap mechanical keyboard. There's no point in spending a lot on peripherals if your pc is crap. Personally I think it'd be rather hard to enjoy nice soft headphones with good quality sound while I'm running games at half quality for max frames. or half frames on max quality. to summerize my opinion, if you only have 600$ you need to spend it all on the computer itself, on black friday, and get the best bang for ur buck, pick up a 7$ keyboard 10$ mouse earbuds you've got laying around, and a tv + hdmi cable which i'm sure you can manage. unless your tv is ancient. then dump the 580$ on a PC

I'm sorry I have a formed a speech pattern from being with people :D

I'm sorry to disappoint but there are no beaches and I don't do drugs

Man.. Dude.. That's like.. missing out on.. 100% of life.. Beach babes and pot.. Not radical at all dude.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But save up OP, however much it may suck, you have to.

You don't want to be like one of my friends who I built a system for a year ago and be forced to get a cheap Asrock mobo which often BSoDS him now do you?

Save 1000 for the pc, the monitor and other pheripherals can come later, be smart, don't smother your kids.

It's like.. having an amazing toilet seat, on a toilet that's too small for you.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man.. Dude.. That's like.. missing out on.. 100% of life.. Beach babes and pot.. Not radical at all dude.

I don't like being reliant on an external substance to determine how happy I am, I prefer a genuine feeling of pure joy, I have no need as my personality is way too happy to bother with it

mostly rage yes, don't see why people can put up with it after 10 minutes of your teammates wanting to cut your throats out

I hardly play it anymore.

I think if LoL would be deleted that 5% of all stress related problems worldwide would melt away.

I play WoW currently and it's way more relaxing generally.