I can hear mouse movement and display changes...no really

McHox
Go to solution Solved by byalexandr,
8 minutes ago, McHox said:

can't really get rid of that since i need the usb connection to be able to mix system volume and voice volume on the fly with the mixamp.but thanks for clearing that up :)

Yeah then it's just RF interference on your USB ports. Try and use a front panel port so it's farther away from the main components.

i have a astro a40 headset with the mixamp(both bought in a set in 2013) and i can hear a,sometimes quite noticable and sometimes barely noticable,humming/buzzing for quite a while now(with old system and new).it usually goes away when i just plug the usb cable from the mixamp in a different usb port on the mb(system sound over toslink/optical and teamspeak over usb) and comes back after a few hours,sometimes in less than an hour.apart from that i've noticed a week ago that i can hear a change in that sound when i scroll the mousewheel and a bit after that i noticed that i can hear mouse movements aswell.

today,while working on a project in cinema 4d,i found out that opengl rendering affects the pitch/volume of that buzzing and i can change the sound with the number of polygons(even changing the polygon count from 10 to 15 makes a difference) and objects displayed.

i have no idea what the f*ck is going and it really confuses me :D

have you guys experienced something similar/know whats going on?

sadly i have no way to record that sound and can't really explain it better.
greetings from germany :)

edit: the sound comes from the "game channel"(optical input) of the mixamp,when i turn it all the way to voice(usb input) i usually can't hear it

edit2: forgot system:

i7 4790k

z97 pro gamer

gtx 970 ftw

h110i gtx

16gb 2400mhz vengeance pro(2x8gb)

ax860i

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

Considering that it is a response from the use of peripherals and hardware, it sounds like either interference, or just power draw affecting the headphones.

Not an expert, but it may just be that the headphones are at that borderline of power usage from the amp. I doubt it is a serious issue, but if you had a dedicated amp (soundcard, portable, etc) the problem could disappear.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

This sounds stupid, but what PSU are you using.

just edited the post for that,it's an corsair ax860i which i got at the end of 2014(i know it op but it was a present :D)

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Probably drivers or motherboard.

don't really think so.drivers are always up to date and i just got win 10 fresh installed 2 days ago,before that i had win 7.

i also heard the buzzing with my old amd motherboard/system

@McHox

Please refer to the comment that @byalexandr, or the one that I posted. Both of us have had similar issues before, and it is related to the amp. Your mobo isn't broken, but higher quality headphones sometimes require more than what some mobo's amps can supply. If it isn't an issue, don't worry on it; if it is, you could go for a portable amp, or a soundcard. I'd personally suggest a portable amp.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

2 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

I have this too, it's just RF interference from your motherboard and surrounding components. If you can you should use dedicated audio to get rid of the problem.

can't really get rid of that since i need the usb connection to be able to mix system volume and voice volume on the fly with the mixamp.but thanks for clearing that up :)

2 minutes ago, drewjn said:

@McHox

Please refer to the comment that @byalexandr, or the one that I posted. Both of us have had similar issues before, and it is related to the amp. Your mobo isn't broken, but higher quality headphones sometimes require more than what some mobo's amps can supply. If it isn't an issue, don't worry on it; if it is, you could go for a portable amp, or a soundcard. I'd personally suggest a portable amp.

i'm pretty sure that astro wouldn't boundle 2 of their products if they won't work together properly.it's not that big of an issue anyways just something i've noticed and was curious about :) 

you could try plugging it into the mobo directly instead of the front panel if you havent already. front panel audio isnt always isolated from the usb ports and has more interference because of the wires running next to electronics

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

8 minutes ago, McHox said:

Yeah then it's just RF interference on your USB ports. Try and use a front panel port so it's farther away from the main components.

7 minutes ago, McHox said:

i'm pretty sure that astro wouldn't boundle 2 of their products if they won't work together properly.it's not that big of an issue anyways just something i've noticed and was curious about :) 

tell that to newegg lmao

13 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

12 minutes ago, SSL said:

Follow the guide in my signature.

i've plugged the cable into a front usb port and avoided putting it near the powercords for my pc/monitors/the pc itself.
It's pretty much gone now,only barely noticable when turning everything on max volume(mixamp usually sits at around 40% volume)

thanks guys :D

11 minutes ago, Mkander99 said:

tell that to newegg lmao

bought it directly from astro :P

17 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Always use front panel audio if you can, if only to avoid interference. 

7 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Always use front panel audio if you can, if only to avoid interference. 

Or not, because the front panel is more vulnerable to interference.

10 minutes ago, SSL said:

Or not, because the front panel is more vulnerable to interference.

Not in my experience.

Or perhaps I've just had strange luck, because plugging headphones into the rear panel always resulted in interference, while I never had that problem with the front panel. 

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

Not in my experience.

Or perhaps I've just had strange luck, because plugging headphones into the rear panel always resulted in interference, while I never had that problem with the front panel. 

There are a lot of factors involved. Generally, the cable run through the case to the front panel incurs more interference.

Your experience has a sample size of one; which is not so much interesting as annoying.