Game and driver freezes after OC

I overclocked my ASUS R9 270x 4gb with ASUS GPU Tweak (Win 10). The core from 1120 to 1350 and the vram from 1400 to 1570 (Core-Volts were automaticly highered from GPU tweak). It worked fine for hours in furmark and in games like GTA V, CSGO and Arma 3. I started my PC the next day and nothing worked, even CSGO crashed permanently. "The AMD driver has stopped working and was restarted" or the whole PC freezed. So I thougt fuck this and set everything down to the base clock of 1120 and 1400. Now I have some graphic glitches in GTA V (could be the game) and very rarely in other games. Most Problems occur in GTA, because it crashes every 30 min while CSGO is doing it evrey 1-2h and is still working after the AMD driver has restarted itself. I wanted to ask you if my GPU is fucked or If it makes sense to try underclocking core/vram.

4 minutes ago, Fritz-Hentai said:

I overclocked my ASUS R9 270x 4gb with ASUS GPU Tweak (Win 10). The core from 1120 to 1350 and the vram from 1400 to 1570 (Core-Volts were automaticly highered from GPU tweak). It worked fine for hours in furmark and in games like GTA V, CSGO and Arma 3. I started my PC the next day and nothing worked, even CSGO crashed permanently. "The AMD driver has stopped working and was restarted" or the whole PC freezed. So I thougt fuck this and set everything down to the base clock of 1120 and 1400. Now I have some graphic glitches in GTA V (could be the game) and very rarely in other games. Most Problems occur in GTA, because it crashes every 30 min while CSGO is doing it evrey 1-2h and is still working after the AMD driver has restarted itself. I wanted to ask you if my GPU is fucked or If it makes sense to try underclocking core/vram.

if its screwing up at stock clock, u might want to try re-installing the drivers

if the problem still remains, test your gpu in another system

if the problem still remains, RMA it

although that 1120 to 1350 (+230) is quite an aggressive OC... but i wouldnt know since i dont own a 270x

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

8 minutes ago, Fritz-Hentai said:

Hi, I had the same issue after OC my R9 390 and then returning back to normal, that my AMD driver keeps crashing.

I didn't underclock it, I just deleted it, and reinstalled the driver. I tried different driver versions, and I'm now running 15.12 which seems to be far more stable (for me) than the others. And atm I don't have a problem with OCing and then returning to stock clocks...

-> How did you manage to go from 1120, to 1350? Since on my Asus R9 390, GPU Tweak doesn't allow me to go from 1050(stock) to over 1100(max value I can enter).

RAM on the other hand I can do from 6000 to 7000(max OC)?

CPU: Intel i7-6700K I MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha I RAM: 2x G.SkillRipJaws V 16Gb (F4-3200C16D-16GVK) I GPU: CrossFireX 2x Asus Strix R9 390 8Gb OC DCIII I CPU cooling: Corsair H110i GTX I PSU: Corsair RM1000i I CASE: Corsair Obsidian 750D + High Airflow Intake kit I SSD: Samsung EVO 840 120Gb + SSD Samsung EVO 850 1Tb I HDD: Seagate 2Tb ST2000DM001 + Toshiba 2Tb DT01ACA200 + WesternDigital 320Gb WDC WD3200AAJS

Don't mins me, I just read on another forum that the R9 390 DCIII OC tops out at 1100/7000, guess should've looked before buying it (not that I need the OC for my use) :)

CPU: Intel i7-6700K I MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha I RAM: 2x G.SkillRipJaws V 16Gb (F4-3200C16D-16GVK) I GPU: CrossFireX 2x Asus Strix R9 390 8Gb OC DCIII I CPU cooling: Corsair H110i GTX I PSU: Corsair RM1000i I CASE: Corsair Obsidian 750D + High Airflow Intake kit I SSD: Samsung EVO 840 120Gb + SSD Samsung EVO 850 1Tb I HDD: Seagate 2Tb ST2000DM001 + Toshiba 2Tb DT01ACA200 + WesternDigital 320Gb WDC WD3200AAJS

The problems are way better when I turn down my graphic settings. I now its a very high OC but going up in 20-30 mHz steps worked just fine.

I reinstalled the AMD driver and it was way better after I did this. There were still some graphic glirches left, so I started searching the internet and found out that der is a VRAM issue. I underclocked it about 70mHz and now its fine.

On 13.3.2016 at 8:37 PM, Trioxide said:

In my Gpu tweaHi, I had the same issue after OC my R9 390 and then returning back to normal, that my AMD driver keeps crashing.

I didn't underclock it, I just deleted it, and reinstalled the driver. I tried different driver versions, and I'm now running 15.12 which seems to be far more stable (for me) than the others. And atm I don't have a problem with OCing and then returning to stock clocks...

-> How did you manage to go from 1120, to 1350? Since on my Asus R9 390, GPU Tweak doesn't allow me to go from 1050(stock) to over 1100(max value I can enter).

RAM on the other hand I can do from 6000 to 7000(max OC)?

It was able in my GPU Tweak. Maybe try MSI afterburner than.

Hi, I found out (read on a review of the card) that the R9 390 DCIII OC maxes out at 1100/7000 ... :/ 

But I'll try afterburner when I'll have the chance