Better CPU or better GPU?

Hey guys,

I friend of mine wanted to have a new gaming pc.

So should i get:

an i3-6100 + a R9 380 Strix 4GB

or an i5-6400 + a R7 360 2GB ?

Thanks for your help!

CPU  i7-6700k @ 4.8 GHz  GPU Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB Motherboard ASUS MAXMIMUS VIII RANGER  Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  RAM 4 x 8GB HyperX Fury 32GB 2400 MHz  Cooling Corsair H110i PSU Be Quiet! Power Zone 1000W

2 minutes ago, marciiii said:

Hey guys,

I friend of mine wanted to have a new gaming pc.

i3 + 380 is going to faster in 99% of games

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

The second option.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

I5 4460 and 370/380 could probably work

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016