How Does my Upcoming Build Look?

So I'm planning on building my first PC sometime in early to mid July as long as things go well.

The reason for not spending more on the GPU than CPU was I was looking for a balance and I'm not going to jump into the deep end of PC gaming in part because I'm going this route mostly for upgradability, also I have a PS4 and only really plan on playing World of Warcraft at 1080p at high to ultra settings with some AA right away.

I might switch the mobo back to the cheaper version because I'm not sure I want or need wifi, I mostly liked extra plastic covering the audio electronics. Also the reason for the 850 watt PSU is because I want to eventually do something with Crossfire though maybe GPUs will start reducing their power draw in the next couple of architectures so maybe going with like a 750 or 650 watt psu would be fine. One way or another I'm just looking for some input if there's something I should absolutly change that I might not be aware about but it looks pretty solid maybe it's not... I had been considering the R9 380X but for what it is I'm not quite sure it's totally worth it. (And no, I don't want an Nvidia GPU.)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.99 @ Micro Center) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($34.50 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-DELUXE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($299.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: OCZ TRION 150 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($66.74 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 380 4GB NITRO Dual-X OC Video Card  ($189.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($119.99 @ NZXT) 
Power Supply: Corsair 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($137.53 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Dell U2414H 60Hz 23.8" Monitor  ($234.49 @ B&H) 
Keyboard: AmazonBasics KU-0833 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($14.64 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Logitech M325 Wireless Optical Mouse  ($19.99 @ Best Buy) 
Other: Thonet & Vander LAUT 2.1ch speakers ($99.00)
Total: $1516.84 
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-11 00:27 EST-0500

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

my $0.02 is that you should be spending more money on the parts that will make your computer a joy to use whether gaming or browsing forums. a good monitor, keyboard, and mouse will do a lot more for you than a $300 Motherboard, (a $125 mobo would be fine)

don't do crossfire. when you need more performance, sell your current GPU and buy the best you can. crossfire is unnecessarily noisy and sucks power, not to mention relying on support of crossfire with that title.

1 minute ago, TriceraFLOPS said:

my $0.02 is that you should be spending more money on the parts that will make your computer a joy to use whether gaming or browsing forums. a good monitor, keyboard, and mouse will do a lot more for you than a $300 Motherboard, (a $125 mobo would be fine)

don't do crossfire. when you need more performance, sell your current GPU and buy the best you can. crossfire is unnecessarily noisy and sucks power, not to mention relying on support of crossfire with that title.

Yeah quite true. 

If you are planning to build sometime in the summer as you indicated, then just take a look at Polaris before making the final decision (assuming that everything launches in the summer as usual). 

I would be wary of crossfire. Especially with a 380. Better off with a more powerful single GPU. However, maybe DX12 will help out with crossfire. At the very least, your AMD card with see awesome boosts from DX12's utilization asynchronous compute!

I think you should try to find a cheaper monitor, there are just as good ones around the $160 price range. And also probably got something else besides a 240gb ssd unless thats all you need. Besides that your build is LOOKIN GOOD MAN!

2 minutes ago, duckwithanokhat said:

I think you should try to find a cheaper monitor, there are just as good ones around the $160 price range. And also probably got something else besides a 240gb ssd unless thats all you need. Besides that your build is LOOKIN GOOD MAN!

I disagree. you spend every moment of your computing experience interacting with the monitor. no $1500 rig should run at 1080p IMO.

I would rather have a $500 monitor and a $400 computer than a $700 computer and a $200 monitor.

1 minute ago, Troyathy said:

If you are planning to build sometime in the summer as you indicated, then just take a look at Polaris before making the final decision (assuming that everything launches in the summer as usual). 

I would be wary of crossfire. Especially with a 380. Better off with a more powerful single GPU. However, maybe DX12 will help out with crossfire. At the very least, your AMD card with see awesome boosts from DX12's utilization asynchronous compute!

Oh I guess I should've clarified, I'm not planning on doing Crossfire with the R9 380, I would eventually do it with whatever replaces the R9 Fury (Non-X). I really like Sapphire's current R9 380/R9 380X Nitro though certainly if there is a Polaris card that I like would definitely consider that over my current choice of the 380 or 380X. (I'll probably go with whatever is available.)

@duckwithanokhat I wouldn't be just relying on 240GB of storage, I'd be salvaging a couple laptop hard drives. One of them is 320GB the other is 500GB. Though I might look at something similar to the U2414H but maybe that has a faster refresh rate. 

More or less something like this

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.99 @ Micro Center) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($34.50 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($194.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: OCZ TRION 150 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($66.74 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 380X 4GB NITRO Video Card  ($233.96) 
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($119.99 @ NZXT) 
Power Supply: Corsair 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.00 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Dell U2414H 60Hz 23.8" Monitor  ($234.49 @ B&H) 
Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Logitech MX Master Bluetooth Wireless Laser Mouse  ($74.59 @ Amazon) 
Other: Thonet & Vander LAUT 2.1ch speakers ($99.00)
Other: Samsung Spinpoint 500GB laptop HDD ($0.00)
Other: Seagate 320GB Laptop HDD ($0.00)
Total: $1557.23
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-11 01:39 EST-0500

I'm fine spending a little more if it means that I'm getting a similar product that doesn't cut as many corners as a slightly cheaper model. Maybe I'm rather nit picky it's just for a $158 mobo I sort of expect that there weren't corners being cut on certain things.

@TriceraFLOPS @duckwithanokhat @Troyathy, Okay well I made some changes.

29 minutes ago, wcreek said:

<snip>

*nods in approval

still would recommend a better SSD like an 850 evo, but for the most part it's not bad.

also you should probably pick up a newer hard drive, as old laptop drives are prone to failure, and not in a graceful way

1 minute ago, TriceraFLOPS said:

*nods in approval

still would recommend a better SSD like an 850 evo, but for the most part it's not bad.

also you should probably pick up a newer hard drive, as old laptop drives are prone to failure, and not in a graceful way

I originally intended for an 850 Evo in the build but figured a slightly cheaper SSD might be fine, and yeah I know a 3 to 5 year old laptop hard drive is probably not the more reliable way of storing stuff that I can't/don't want to store on the SSD.

Just now, wcreek said:

I originally intended for an 850 Evo in the build but figured a slightly cheaper SSD might be fine, and yeah I know a 3 to 5 year old laptop hard drive is probably not the more reliable way of storing stuff that I can't/don't want to store on the SSD.

I am a lover of the samsung drives, I have 2 840 evos personally, and 4 in my household.

I haven't had any failures with my OCZ drives, but I wouldn't trust it with anything important.

5 minutes ago, TriceraFLOPS said:

I am a lover of the samsung drives, I have 2 840 evos personally, and 4 in my household.

I haven't had any failures with my OCZ drives, but I wouldn't trust it with anything important.

So then the only change is a return to the 850 Evo (250GB) and then adding in a Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD.

It costs a little more but in the name not losing anything important.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WK87kL

1 hour ago, lee32uk said:

The EVGA P2 650W is currently on offer for $89.99 with a $20 rebate which makes it a bargain.

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaffiliateid=1000031504&sku=114120&vpn=220-P2-0650-X1&manufacture=eVGA&promoid=1324

I probably wouldn't be buying it while its still running its MIR or sale but I don't really care for rebates unless they're automatic but yeah even the sale price is pretty good.