Homemade Intel Keychain!

Sinakaru

So I got this old Pentium E5200 from my work, and I decided to take it to the drill press and the belt sander, and it turned out pretty awesome! I didn't realize how thick the IHS was on top of the die!

IMG_20160309_211205.thumb.jpg.e5d7353560IMG_20160309_211302.thumb.jpg.4055e8d904

i really wanna do that with my 478 pentium 4, but the pins though......

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

now can someone give me a dead cpu to do this with?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Yeah, I also had a Pentium 4 lying around (with pins on it as well) but I didn't want it stabbing my leg or having to shave off all the pins O.o

23 minutes ago, Sinakaru said:

yeah but i don't want to take an already working cpu and drill it. kinda of a waste tbh.

I might do this with one of the old phenoms i have as well as an old core 2 duo.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

6 hours ago, byalexandr said:

Thinking of doing this to my Athlon 7750 but it still works and I'd have to remove all of the pins. Yah or nah?

Edit: Give you an idea of how much this thing is worth: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR5.TRC1.A0.H0.Xathlon+7750.TRS0&_nkw=athlon+7750&_sacat=0

I say go for it! It's a pretty awesome conversation piece!

9 hours ago, terrytek said:

yeah but i don't want to take an already working cpu and drill it. kinda of a waste tbh.

Meh, it's an older CPU that there's an abundance of, not like many people will be using them in systems. Most of the unsold ones will be scrapped for raw materials anyway, so might as well make something cool out of it and recycle it.

it would be really cool if you could get a broken 5960x to use since it says it on the IHS because it would be much cooler than a pentium 

21 hours ago, Sinakaru said:

Yeah, I also had a Pentium 4 lying around (with pins on it as well) but I didn't want it stabbing my leg or having to shave off all the pins O.o

You could do with a newer pinless pentium 4 that was on lga 775. Like this.

image.jpeg

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

• 5 months later...
On 3/9/2016 at 9:22 PM, terrytek said:

Point a heat gun at the pins for a few seconds then knock an edge of the pcb against a table. The pins should fall off. If not, repeat.

And on the first day god said: "Cue one GO" And there was light!