is my PC overheating

Joseph Ladkford

is mid to high 60s to high for playing games. because my PC has been shutting off randomly and I cannot figure out why could this be why?

oh i have a fx 8350. and my 390 strix is hitting 77 so is that a problem thanksy

Edited by tobben
Fixed formatting.

CPU or GPU??!?!?!??!?!???!?

CPU: me | Dark Rock Pro 3 | Asus Z170-A | 32GB Dominator Plats | 512gb SSD/4TB WD Black | 980Ti | BQ Silent Base 800 | EVGA 850w |

01101110 01101111 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101
BEST PC FOR THE PRICE:

$400 $500 $600 $700 $800 $900 $1000

If you want to Silence your PC/Room more, contact me.

60C that should be fine. mine on stock would get to 85C while gaming on max load and it was fine. are you sure its 60 and not hotter when playing games? 

but thats my CPU idk if you mean CPU

GPU's can run at 80 Celsius no problem. So no it is not overheating. Once it reaches 85 I would stop whatever you are doing as that is my personal limit. However 95 Celsius is what they are rated for. I would not let a fx series CPU get 60 Celsius. That is too hot. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

SORRY ABOUT THAT,I meant CPU for the first half but i'm asking about both

What I know about AMD, 60C is indeed on hotter side. Are you using stock heatsink, which case, how many fans. Clean dust and change thermal paste.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I talked to Geek Squad and they said it's a confliction between the os and gaming software.they told me to wipe everything and start fresh but I don't understand what that means because i'll be putting all the same software back on their   

13 hours ago, Joseph Ladkford said:

Hyper 212 EVO  BitFenix Mini-ITX Tower and two fans

Prodigy? Add more intake fans. If you are just using 2 stock fans, your GPU is taking most of fresh air.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

15 hours ago, Joseph Ladkford said:

I talked to Geek Squad and they said it's a confliction between the os and gaming software.they told me to wipe everything and start fresh but I don't understand what that means because i'll be putting all the same software back on their   

Bullshit. Don't. De-dust everything and reseat CPU cooler. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

15 hours ago, Joseph Ladkford said:

Geek Squad know two solutions: blitz the operating system and reseat things. I know, I have a friend who works there. It's not surprising, though; the customers he deals with regularly come in with problems that are usually just a case of something not being plugged in or accidentally deleting a .dll that can only be saved by blitzing anyway.

I don't know if I missed it, but what software are you using to check temperature? MSI Afterburner? 

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

On 09/03/2016 at 2:30 AM, Joseph Ladkford said:

is mid to high 60s to high for playing games. because my PC has been shutting off randomly and I cannot figure out why could this be why?

oh i have a fx 8350. and my 390 strix is hitting 77 so is that a problem thanksy

What motherboard? Try ignore other people, talk to me, my sig speaks for itself...

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

OK, I bought two more fans and some canned air. I'm going to dust everything off install the new fans and hope that that fixes it, but if it does not does anyone happen to have any other ideas about why my computer randomly restarts itself and loses all power, instantly shuts off when playing a game after a little while. I need all the help I can get. 

17 hours ago, Joseph Ladkford said:

OK, I bought two more fans and some canned air. I'm going to dust everything off install the new fans and hope that that fixes it, but if it does not does anyone happen to have any other ideas about why my computer randomly restarts itself and loses all power, instantly shuts off when playing a game after a little while. I need all the help I can get. 

Instant shutdown/reboot sounds more like bad PSU. Or RAM. Temps aren't that high and you should see throttle first.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv