Best hifi speakers at 500$-700$

antihacker

I was thinking about buying KRK ROKIT 6 G3 brand new or USED KRK ROKIT 8 G2 - Used KRK 8 are 118$ cheaper,but they are G2,and NEW KRK 6 are G3 (third generation),and they also come with 2 years warranty.

I will use them only for listening to music. I have space in my room.

But I am hearing that hifi speakers are usually better for music listening.

So I have two questions

1. What is better,second generation of KRK 8,or third generation of KRK 6.

2. Which hi fi speakers will sound better for music listening at similar price range (I can pay a little bit more if it will buy me better speakers).

I listen a lot of genres,mostly hip hop,trap,bass drops.

I can buy subwoofer later on,but it seems like krk are good choice for music listening. What do you think?

Also please suggest me some popular hi wi speakers at this price range because I need to buy in country,and they don't really offer non popular brands and units.

Thanks.

Maybe you could build your own speakers :P (Seriously, if you have powertools you could easily do it).

I think what you might be looking for would be a set of T-Line speakers. They provide great deep and punchy bass while retaining a relatively small form factor with great mids and highs (emulates a much larger box). I posted a thread in this forum which shows one that I am currently in the process of building. However for a set of these you will most likely be paying more if you decide to buy a pre-built set from a mob such as PMC.

You would also need a few other things such as an amplifier and some cables to go with it, but it would sound a lot better (in my opinion) from testing speakers such as the ones you listed. I should add to that statement is that I haven't tested KRK speakers before, however they are similar to Audioengine speakers (in appearance and price, not drivers).

If you decide to build a pair yourself then you're in for a treat. You should be able to save money (especially if you're from the US). Even if you use a set of cheap Schneider's it would sound great (This is exactly what I used in mine, $50 AUD for the two Drivers with two tweeters). However you would need two of these kits as I used one kit per speaker. If you REALLY want some good bass, go with a pair of 8-inch Drivers (this would turn into a pretty large box), one Subwoofer and one Mid-Range and a pair of 1-inch Tweeters. If you want to go this way don't hesitate to contact me for any tips.

If you want to stick with the normal Computer Monitor style of speakers, go with KRK, Audioengine, ect.

10 minutes ago, Derranged said:

Maybe you could build your own speakers :P (Seriously, if you have powertools you could easily do it).

I think what you might be looking for would be a set of T-Line speakers. They provide great deep and punchy bass while retaining a relatively small form factor with great mids and highs (emulates a much larger box). I posted a thread in this forum which shows one that I am currently in the process of building. However for a set of these you will most likely be paying more if you decide to buy a pre-built set from a mob such as PMC.

You would also need a few other things such as an amplifier and some cables to go with it, but it would sound a lot better (in my opinion) from testing speakers such as the ones you listed. I should add to that statement is that I haven't tested KRK speakers before, however they are similar to Audioengine speakers (in appearance and price, not drivers).

If you decide to build a pair yourself then you're in for a treat. You should be able to save money (especially if you're from the US). Even if you use a set of cheap Schneider's it would sound great (This is exactly what I used in mine, $50 AUD for the two Drivers with two tweeters). However you would need two of these kits as I used one kit per speaker. If you REALLY want some good bass, go with a pair of 8-inch Drivers (this would turn into a pretty large box), one Subwoofer and one Mid-Range and a pair of 1-inch Tweeters. If you want to go this way don't hesitate to contact me for any tips.

If you want to stick with the normal Computer Monitor style of speakers, go with KRK, Audioengine, ect.

I don't know much about speakers and I can't really build them. I think on the end it would cost me much more then just buying speakers,subwoofer,amp and cables.

That why I am looking to buy some speakers. Anybody else who can recommend me similar thing?

1 hour ago, antihacker said:

I don't know much about speakers and I can't really build them. I think on the end it would cost me much more then just buying speakers,subwoofer,amp and cables.

That why I am looking to buy some speakers. Anybody else who can recommend me similar thing?

All good, by the way. Looking at the KRK ROKIT 8's, these things are rather awesome. 35 Hz - 35KHz! Generally our hearing is limited to 25KHz (for the most part), however you can (and depending on how good your ears are) hear some notes well above it. They are also made using  MDF which is universally one of the best materials for building speaker cabinets. In my opinion go for these. However yes you will need to buy a separate subwoofer if you really want that heavy bass. If you want nice clean bass go for an enclosed unit (no ports). If you want brutal bass then go for a ported box (sometimes clean too, depends on how large the box is).

9 hours ago, Derranged said:

All good, by the way. Looking at the KRK ROKIT 8's, these things are rather awesome. 35 Hz - 35KHz! Generally our hearing is limited to 25KHz (for the most part), however you can (and depending on how good your ears are) hear some notes well above it. They are also made using  MDF which is universally one of the best materials for building speaker cabinets. In my opinion go for these. However yes you will need to buy a separate subwoofer if you really want that heavy bass. If you want nice clean bass go for an enclosed unit (no ports). If you want brutal bass then go for a ported box (sometimes clean too, depends on how large the box is).

Well the stated frequency response really means nothing, on the high end at least.

And he could still Get decent bass with no sub, just not as deep.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

8 hours ago, spwath said:

Well the stated frequency response really means nothing, on the high end at least.

And he could still Get decent bass with no sub, just not as deep.

I know it going all the way up to 35KHz doesn't matter as much as I said our hearing is really limited to on average 25KHz; however some people feel that they still notice frequencies higher than this, whether or not that's just an illusion of the mind.

He would most likely have to have it turned up high to get any decent bass (decent bass in my opinion would be a very punchy bass that you can feel). I haven't really tested any bookshelf monitors before, really only a set of AudioEngine 5+. Which I know for sure couldn't deliver any spectacular bass due to the physical size of the woofer. That's where me talking about the T-Line setup would've been good for him came from, the only issue is that he would also have to buy an Amp, Crossovers and all of the cabling; but in the end it would've been a great experience and depending on whether he built it himself (which he said couldn't), it would possibly come out cheaper or around about the same. In AUD it cost me roughly $300 for a cheap Amp (Behringer iNuke 1000, probably too much for the setup) or Receiver (Sherwood 4508), and a little bit more for a better Crown XLS 1002. And around about $200-$300 at most to build one of the speakers out of thick MDF (The audio quality is quite remarkable), and about one days work to get it up and running (minus finishing off and however I want to wrap it up). Which the KRK Rokit 8 is roughly $250 USD depending on the seller, and in Australia is looks like it's around $340.

well...I didn't see in your post any mention of any amp? For hi fi speakers you'll need one, or a receiver... Or you're going for active hi fi speakers?