Arkham Origins PhysX

Camsung

lol no physx is only in like a couple games, if it was in more and in better games it would be a bigger factor but I don't think physx should decide your choice in gpus at this time

10 minutes without a comment on a new thread? Is Linus streaming or did the internet just go down? :S

I do think it looks and plays better with physx. But i've always used AMD cards so its a bit more difficult to play with physx on.

For the previous 2 games i bought a 450 GTS so i could use physx. using hybrid physx obviously as that card cant run the games on its own with physx.

I might replace 1 of my 7970's with the 450 GTS again just to play this game. Only if hybrid physx still works though.... things can go very wrong with hybrid physx.. dont want that to happen again :(.

Hate physx though... like completely. It literally forced me to buy the 450 GTS card... cuz im someone that doesn't want to miss anything :(. The urge to buy that card was just to much so i had to buy it.

I also prayed since the announced of the game that they would FINALLY go for opencl... cursed em for everything i can think of when the announcement came that they're still using physx... goddamn bastards :(.

Nvidia must have paid them a shit ton of money to not use opencl and not support both... is supporting both even possible? Why not just do that?

Im not actually hoping the game sucks so i don't have to play it and replace 1 of my cards with a physx card :|. Its not the same guy that created the game so its possible it sucks... probably will be awesome though

I have no signature

I normally never give such strong opinions but honestly I hate this; having to buy from a specific vendor in order to render X feature in hardware on the GPU. That's not how PC gaming is supposed to be. One of the reasons I want to buy AMD for my next card.

i saw that yesterday, i don't see a real deal with the physx, but I would never buy a graphics card for one game, but i'm drooling for arkham origins

Today, a demo video that showcases some of the special effects that NVIDIA's PhysX API powers in the upcoming Batman: Arkham Origins video game popped up online. The video covers the PhysX used to animate Batman's cape, but honestly the soft shadows and particle-based weather are much more interesting to me.

Source:http://www.tweaktown.com/news/32947/nvidia-shows-off-amazing-new-physx-effects-in-batman-arkham-origins/index.html

Great that Nvidia is still using Physx in games in order to give the players a better experience in games. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Great that Nvidia is actually using Physx in games in order to give the players a better experience in games. :)

Fixed that for you. PhysX has to be one of the most underutilised things proprietary to nVidia.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

been posted before :o

Link because I used google and couldn't find any results of this topic?

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Question: How do you post a video here? I have tried. Multiple times. I have failed. Multiple times.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

The effects look really nice in this game. I do wish physx was used in more game for things like this

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

Looks the same implementation as Arkham Asylum & Arkham City PhysX.  I just love PhysX in games (Borderlands and Borderlands 2 also make good use of it).  Just pure eye candy!

In any case... my GTX 770 is ready.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Question: How do you post a video here? I have tried. Multiple times. I have failed. Multiple times.

if you mean being able to watch the video on youtube without leaving LTT forum, I have noo idea because i've tried a bunch of times too xD

@CoolBeans has already made a thread on this!   :)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/54224-youtube-embed-fix/

CPU: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr 3 @ 1150 MHz core/6300 MHz memory | Motherboard: Some crap OEM H67 mATX board | RAM: 16GB Patriot G2 Series Division 4 @ 1333 MHz | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i | Mouse: CM Storm Inferno | Keyboard: crap OEM keyboard (Soon to be replaced with a CM Storm Quickfire TK) | Headphones: Audiotechnica ATH-M50's | Speakers: Corsair SP2500's

That... is so absurdly simple. >.< Why did I not think of it?

Also, @Slick, is it possible to fix that? That is such an annoying bug. Quality of Life and not very important, just asking.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Thks! Reported to get this thread merged. :)

Thks! Reported to get this thread merged. :)

np np, anyway I don't like this, I like PhysX who doesn't? but I don't want to get an nvidia card for it and no you can't run it on a cpu it just destroys performance =/ Nvidia needs to be nicer and let amd cards use it lol

This is awesome, however, I think Nvidia needs to make Physx available to license to other companies, especially AMD, so that you don't need an Nvidia GPU in order to run it. I don't think it would affect sales of their cards too much and it would allow them to slap some of their branding on even AMD gaming evolved titles, win win for everybody I think. Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't they allowed Physx to be run on the AMD based consoles?

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

As someone who will admit to having kept Nvidia cards in his builds purely because of PhysX Implementation, Ever since seeing the difference with it on in Arkham Asylum was a easy win for me.

However since seeing the performance crippling disaster that Arkham City was at launch (And still continues to be). Even being an owner of a 760...i'm looking at that video and wondering if the same problems will be apparent. No HD for the video was poor. Gameplay looked a little poor as well...As someone who is teetering on the edge of truly looking at the 9XXX series as a very real and potentially freaking awesome option, i'm truly questioning Nvidia and their prices. Especially here in NZ.

Stronger pushes for me are AMDs ability to have higher minimum FPS by having all of Nvidias Effects turned off! By doing the same for my 760 and getting the same result...what the hell am i paying extra for? I think it's a little bit of an uneven balance. 

Just my thoughts anyways....

PHYSEXY !!!!!

Nvidia !!!

Play games the way they were meant to be played and so with that said buy Nvidia.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S