RAID Questions: Raid 0 (two 120's) in a Raid 1 with a 240gb??

I'm debating with a friend, and neither of us are sure. Could we create a redundant array by doing the following? (or this invalid?)

The idea was because we found some cheap 120 gb ssd's that have decent speeds, we already have a nice samsung 240gb and were curious if that would be possible or not. 

|-------------------------Raid 1-------------------|

|--------Raid 0----------|                                                  |

[ 120 gb ssd ] [ 120 gb ssd ]                               [240 gb ssd]

in theory it would work

but, in practice the 240GB drive would have to wait for the RAID0 array to complete it's task 1st - that would introduce a considerable amount of overhead, making it practically useless

I think this is possible though somewhat tricky.

The only way I can think you can pull this off is by setting raid 0 for the two 120 gb SSDs using the hardware raid from your motherboard.  This creates a storage "volume" which mimics a physical disk in windows.  In windows you would have to use some kind of a software raid for your storage "volume."

SOME (not all) advanced software raids will allow you to designate one drive to be faster and one to lag behind and catch up later.