Thermaltake Frio Advanced

Thermaltake Frio Advanced Review

I have never written a product review before so please bear with me.

I do not have a lot of experience with coolers but this one seems pretty solid. I bought it solely for the purpose of matching it to my ROG build which you can see from my images below, they were made for each other.

Here you can see the cooler itself, nice red and black colors. The top red center is not a solid color but a see through-ish plastic. The TT Logo in the center is slightly concave on black brushed aluminum which looks quite nice, although I have not yet removed the protective cover sheet as you can see.

4hDH4RL.jpg

The fans are held to the cooler by just snapping latches in 4 places, very easy to remove for installing or replacing if needed. The cables also came pre-sleeved out of box which was a nice surprise, no where on the box did it say that. The sleeving is not the best quality as you can still see the colors of wire slightly, however it's still a nice touch it came that way.

AoauRdR.jpg

You can see there is a fair bit of room for larger height RAM, I'm no expert on ram height but it looks like it will accept most RAM that do not have extravagantly large heat spreaders. Also, as said above the fans snap off easily so if you have difficulty reaching the ram slots after you install the cooler you can remove the fans without any hassle.

8EexV7v.jpg

For a size comparison you will see the CM Hyper 212 Evo with 2 fans installed. Again, I'm no expert on coolers but just note the Frio is a tad bit larger all around than the 212 Evo.

hCgDaks.jpg

GaQj2b5.jpg?1

sDmEm9z.jpg

Now for the glory shots of how this thing looks installed on a ROG board.

ghjtzOk.jpg

09jvOsA.jpg

The Frio also comes with hardware for installing the cooler top to bottom vs the way I did it, so the air would vent top vs rear. So that is something to keep in mind with different style cases or personal preference and can be installed on pretty much any AMD or Intel platform.

I also want to note the fans are not identical, the blades on one of them face different direction than a standard fan. One of them is built backwards for aesthetic reasons so if you take them off at the same time, make sure you put them back on with the TT Logo stickers face the outsides of the cooler as it's designed for push/pull. Just something to note when installing the cooler.

I have not yet tested OC temps, but at stock speeds it keeps my AMD FX8350 at 34 idle and 44 load.

Hope you enjoyed my review. Please leave a comment/suggestion and if you have any questions I'll try my best to answer them.

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

Please provide ambient temperatures or else those numbers mean nothing.

Ambient temp is around 28.

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater