Swiftech H320 X2 Prestige in Corsair Carbide Air 540

I am looking to switch from my NZXT H440 to a Corsair Carbide Air 540, and I was wondering if I would be able to fit the Swiftech H320 X2 Prestige in the front of the case, with my water cooled Gigabyte GTX 970. Help would be greatly appreciated so I can decide on whether to make this switch. Thank you! :)

Just now, Deli said:

The answer is, Why not?

I was just wondering because the case seems kind of tight for space because of it's more cubic design.  

depends on how much space you have left at the front of the case with the GPU installed

the swiftech cooler has a huge res stuck on it, so it may not fit if your GPU is too long

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, Vinny123 said:

I was just wondering because the case seems kind of tight for space because of it's more cubic design.  

There are tons of space at the front for radiator and fans with Air 540.

Just now, Enderman said:

depends on how much space you have left at the front of the case with the GPU installed

the swiftech cooler has a huge res stuck on it, so it may not fit if your GPU is too long

That's what I was worried about, the GPU isn't too huge without that massive Windforce cooler on it (which I won't have on it because I'm gonna water cool it instead)

That's what I was worried about, the GPU isn't too huge without that massive Windforce cooler on it (which I won't have on it because I'm gonna water cool it instead)

Ok, just take out my retired Air 540 to measure it. I happen to have the older Swiftech H220X as well. Enderman was right. You only have about 275-280mm of clearance for the graphic card(s) before hitting the reservoir. Which is not enough for your Gigabyte card.

Equally bad, you can't fit a second card because of the pump is in its way.

Just now, Deli said:

Ok, just take out my retired Air 540 to measure it. I happen to have the older Swiftech H220X as well. Enderman was right. You only have about 280mm of clearance for the graphic card(s) before hitting the reservoir. Which is not enough for your Gigabyte card.

I measured my GPU without the Windforce cooler on it, and I got around the ballpark of 240mm, so I think I should be able to fit it if I have 280mm to work with

I measured my GPU without the Windforce cooler on it, and I got around the ballpark of 250mm, so I think I should be able to fit it if I have 280mm to work with

Oh, I don't know the Gigabyte card is so short without the cooler. Just for a bit of extra information. If you want to install a second card for SLI. There is only 255mm space for the card before hitting the water pump.

Just now, Deli said:

Oh, I don't know the Gigabyte card is so short without the cooler. Just for a bit of extra information. If you want to install a second card for SLI. There is only 255mm space for the card before hitting the water pump.

Yeah, that cooler adds about 40mm of just unnecessary length to the end, and I wasn't planning on adding a second card, but I will keep that in mind. Thanks for the help