Ek Thermosphere on Sapphire R9 390

If I want to put the thermosphere on my GPU, how would I go about cooling the rest of the card? (Mosfets, ram, etc)

you put heatsinks on the vram and VRM and make sure your case has good airflow

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i would not recommend doing this but here is a diagram i painted the vram is red  vrm are in yellow. please someone add on to this if its not all of them but i think this about it.

56db7c98d344b_r9390.jpg.f5cd4c1964aed492

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Just now, StormGamer25 said:

yeah stuff like that, but 7x7mm is a bit small

look for ones about the size of your vram chips

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, StormGamer25 said:

yeah those look right

i dont think they come with adhesive thermal pads though, you need some of that

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

i would not recommend doing this but hers a diagram i painted the vram is red  vrm are in yellow. please someone add on to this if its not all of them but i think this about it.

56db7c98d344b_r9390.jpg.f5cd4c1964aed492

How would I put heatsinks on those vrms? 

Just now, StormGamer25 said:

How would I put heatsinks on those vrms? 

they usually make long thin heat sinks for vrms but i haven't done this myself so not positive 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

yeah those look right

i dont think they come with adhesive thermal pads though, you need some of that

What kind of pads? Alphacool has a lot.

4 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

they usually make long thin heat sinks for vrms but i haven't done this myself so not positive 

Well, found mosfet coolers. But, they're bronze, not black. It bothers me.

8 minutes ago, StormGamer25 said:

Well, found mosfet coolers. But, they're bronze, not black. It bothers me.

you could use car engine block paint it holds up to the heat and wont impact cooling to much i would just put painters tape on the bottom of the heat sink that way the paint isnt hindering heat 

51 minutes ago, StormGamer25 said:

What kind of pads? Alphacool has a lot.

ones that are double sided adhesive

Spoiler