HMDI issue GTX 980

Carde

Just wondering I just got my delivery of the GTX 980 I traded for my Fury-x (got some cash to of course). However when I plug my monitor in through HDMI the colors are all washed out, black is just grey etc. When I plug in my DVI everything is just peachy.

HMDI cable should be fine as I used it with my Fury-X without issue, could it be the HDMI port on the card is busted or could it be something else?

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

you have installed all drivers?

CPU  i7-6700k @ 4.8 GHz  GPU Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB Motherboard ASUS MAXMIMUS VIII RANGER  Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX  RAM 4 x 8GB HyperX Fury 32GB 2400 MHz  Cooling Corsair H110i PSU Be Quiet! Power Zone 1000W

Just now, marciiii said:

you have installed all drivers?

Jep full game ready package straight from Nvidia with a clean install even though I killed all other drivers :)

3 minutes ago, Carde said:

Just wondering I just got my delivery of the GTX 980 I traded for my Fury-x (got some cash to of course). However when I plug my monitor in through HDMI the colors are all washed out, black is just grey etc. When I plug in my DVI everything is just peachy.

HMDI cable should be fine as I used it with my Fury-X without issue, could it be the HDMI port on the card is busted or could it be something else?

I remember that when I first built my PC, I had lots of red and blue but no green (showed by the google chrome logo) on my monitor that I used the previous day with my old PC and was freaking out. Took me 2 hours to realise that the monitor was set this way in the settings with 100% of blue and red and 0% green, so I changed it and it was fine. See if something similar has happened.

||| Drakon (Desktop Build) |||

|| CPU: 3800X || Cooler: Kraken X63 || Motherboard: B450 Aorus M || Memory: HyperX DDR4-3200MHz 16G ||

|| Storage: 512GB 970 Pro + 500GB 850 EVO + 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD || Graphics Card: RX 5700 XT Red Devil || Case: Thermaltake Core V21 || PSU: XFX XTR 750W 80+Gold || 

Just now, Aleksbgbg said:

I remember that when I first built my PC, I had lots of red and blue but no green (showed by the google chrome logo) and was freaking out. Took me 2 hours to realise that the monitor was set this way in the settings with 100% of blue and red and 0% green, so I changed it and it was fine. See if something similar has happened.

Did not touch the monitor settings at all, but did put them back to factory, however if it was an issue on the monitor it should show up regardless of which input I use iirc.

Just now, lopj245 said:

Have you tried another HDMI cable?

Only got 1, but as I said it was working just fine less then 10 hours ago with the Fury-x before I took it out.

Have you tried another output type?

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

or the MoBo output 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

just adjust settings in the control panel...not that hard is it?

9 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

Have you tried another output type?

As I said DVI works just peachy

9 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

or the MoBo output 

Works just fine on HMDI, was using that while waiting for the 980 to arrive

9 minutes ago, WarWeeny said:

just adjust settings in the control panel...not that hard is it?

Perhaps explain which control panel and which settings. We have the monitor itself, windows stuff and I bet Nvidia has something hidden in their mess of a driver to.

Cause you know just because we know things it does not mean we know everything, unless you encountered a problem before there is no sense in believing one should know how to fix it.

Did anyone state specifically that the hdmi worked when you bought it? you may very well have a defective port...

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

Just now, RedWulf said:

Did anyone state specifically that the hdmi worked when you bought it? you may very well have a defective port...

Nope, hence I am asking if it could be anything else. The card is still under warranty, but a defective HDMI port is not a big deal seeing DVI works just as fine on 1080p 60.

2 minutes ago, Carde said:

Nope, hence I am asking if it could be anything else. The card is still under warranty, but a defective HDMI port is not a big deal seeing DVI works just as fine on 1080p 60.

Anything in the setting should effect all the outputs and since the cord, mobo, and tv all worked before...100:1 you got a bad hdmi port. I'd stick with dvi, active adapters are like $15 if anything, 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

13 minutes ago, Carde said:

Perhaps explain which control panel and which settings. We have the monitor itself, windows stuff and I bet Nvidia has something hidden in their mess of a driver to.

rightclick desktop >> nvidia control panel >> adjust color settings, wow much mess, such difficulty, wow.