What gpu should i want for two 1080P 60hz monitorsP

Hello guys, im very much new to this whole computer building scene (as I am 13 years old). So i was wondering about two things: What gpu i should get for two 1080p monitors (one of which could become 144hz). Also if i should buy 16 or 8gb of ram.

So the current build i have in mind would have: i7 6700, 8gb or 16gb of ddr4 ram, asus maximus VIII ranger and (most likly) the graphics card i you guys recommend to me.

EDIT: If you didn't notice, i'm also new to making threads and those sorts of things, so. I would be playing games from League of Legends to games like Battlefield 4 and 5 when that comes out ;).

My budget would also be in the 500 to 650 us dollar range maybe i could manage 700 so keep that in mind.

BUT the currency converting is kind of tough, because if im gonna order from a website such as Amazon, it will add 24% of the gpu's cost on to the final outcome. But if im gonna buy it in my local store the budget will be quite a bit more by like 200 or so dollars. 

And also i was thinking of getting the 6700k, but i have no idea how to overclock, hyperthread and do all that fancy stuff.

OMG I JUST NOTICED THAT I WROTE "Battlefront" instead of "Battlefield" and i am so sorry it will never happen again please don't yell at me.

Thanks dudes :) 

ANOTHER EDIT: So i haave pretty much decided on the R9 390x But... Now i have more questions for you guys(im sorry).

Firstly: Now, should i upgrade to a 6700k even though i don't know how to overclock or hyperthread it?

Secondly: Ram, how much should i get of it 8 or 16gb? And on that note, 3000mhz, 2666mhz or 2400mhz?

And, as i said, im very new to this whole pc building and i am sorry if this annoy's you, but i'm just trying to get my pc not to suck and get the most out of my money, so thank you for your answers :) 

Budget and intended use?

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Probably something in the r9 390x/GTX 980/ r9fury range.

Also, why don't you get a 6700k, since you already are getting an overclocking mobo.

What games will you be playing? And also, how much money do you have for the GPU?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Well, the reality is that there is no dual monitor gaming. It doesn't really work. Dual monitors means single monitor gaming. 

Now, mind you, 2 monitors is a mere Weekend Sale away -- a virtual hop,skip, and a jump -- from three monitors. And 3 monitors? That's kick-ass widescreen gaming. I have a three monitor setup 5760x1080 and I love it. I roll with 2 Club3d R9 390s in Crossfire on a Z170 Asus Pro Gaming Mobo. My horsepower crushes what I throw at it. Mind you, it should. Mine is an expensive setup by any measure.

In my son's new system used for 2 monitors (read: 1080p gaming), I upgraded his from a single XFX 4GB R9 380 card to 2 of the same video card in Crossfire mode (on a Z170 Asus Pro Gaming w/ 6600k) a few weeks ago. He couldn't be happier. And to be honest, this is EASILY the sweetest spot, performance wise, in the entire GPU market currently. The R9 380 scales VERY well at 97%(!!) efficiency in many games and the price performance ratio, equivalent to a 980ti (and better than a 980) for $340 USD (after MIR) off of Newegg cannot be beat. 

That's the math. It isn't a subjective matter of opinion. It's cold hard numbers.

I know that conventional wisdom says, get one good card instead of two cheaper ones, but to be honest, that conventional wisdom is based on 2011 thinking and it's full of crap in 2016. The XFX 4GB R9 380 is an underpriced and overfeatured card, whereas the 980ti is a great card which is plainly overpriced in the current market. When you can equal a 980ti's performance (or come within spitting distance at least) for $340 in Crossfire using current DX12 cards, it's a no-brainer matter of arithmetic to my way of thinking. (Note: a 650w or 750watt PS is more than adequate to run these 2 cards).  

31 minutes ago, Steel_Wind said:

Well, the reality is that there is no dual monitor gaming. It doesn't really work. Dual monitors means single monitor gaming. 

Now, mind you, 2 monitors is a mere Weekend Sale away -- a virtual hop,skip, and a jump -- from three monitors. And 3 monitors? That's kick-ass widescreen gaming. I have a three monitor setup 5760x1080 and I love it. I roll with 2 Club3d R9 390s in Crossfire on a Z170 Asus Pro Gaming Mobo. My horsepower crushes what I throw at it. Mind you, it should. Mine is an expensive setup by any measure.

In my son's new system used for 2 monitors (read: 1080p gaming), I upgraded his from a single XFX 4GB R9 380 card to 2 of the same video card in Crossfire mode (on a Z170 Asus Pro Gaming w/ 6600k) a few weeks ago. He couldn't be happier. And to be honest, this is EASILY the sweetest spot, performance wise, in the entire GPU market currently. The R9 380 scales VERY well at 97%(!!) efficiency in many games and the price performance ratio, equivalent to a 980ti (and better than a 980) for $340 USD (after MIR) off of Newegg cannot be beat. 

That's the math. It isn't a subjective matter of opinion. It's cold hard numbers.

I know that conventional wisdom says, get one good card instead of two cheaper ones, but to be honest, that conventional wisdom is based on 2011 thinking and it's full of crap in 2016. The XFX 4GB R9 380 is an underpriced and overfeatured card, whereas the 980ti is a great card which is plainly overpriced in the current market. When you can equal a 980ti's performance (or come within spitting distance at least) for $340 in Crossfire using current DX12 cards, it's a no-brainer matter of arithmetic to my way of thinking. (Note: a 650w or 750watt PS is more than adequate to run these 2 cards).  

Uhm, i was more thinking i would have one monitor as my gaming monitor and the other to like watch videos and such on at the same time, you know so it looks cool ;). But i wasn't thinking of running games on both monitors. 

And also i was thinking of the z170 pro gaming after i watched Carey Holzman's DIY garage video from Newegg but i thought you needed two pci-e 16x to run two gpu's and as far as i know there's only one?(i might have read wrong). So i went with the Asus ranger instead with 3 pci-e 16x. Please do correct me if there's any bullcrap in my knowledge of these things.

So should i instead go for the z170 pro gaming?

Go for a Sapphire R9 Fury/390X for your GPU, just make sure they can fit in your case.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

4 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

Go for a Sapphire R9 Fury/390X for your GPU, just make sure they can fit in your case.

Do you think they'll fit in an Corsair obsidian 450d case, thats the case i will be using?

4 minutes ago, Lightswitch77 said:

Do you think they'll fit in an Corsair obsidian 450d case, thats the case i will be using?

I just checked, they'll fit.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

Just now, Citadelen said:

I just checked, they'll fit.

Thanks you very much

58 minutes ago, Lightswitch77 said:

Uhm, i was more thinking i would have one monitor as my gaming monitor and the other to like watch videos and such on at the same time, you know so it looks cool ;). But i wasn't thinking of running games on both monitors. 

And also i was thinking of the z170 pro gaming after i watched Carey Holzman's DIY garage video from Newegg but i thought you needed two pci-e 16x to run two gpu's and as far as i know there's only one?(i might have read wrong). So i went with the Asus ranger instead with 3 pci-e 16x. Please do correct me if there's any bullcrap in my knowledge of these things.

So should i instead go for the z170 pro gaming?

Yeah, you are confused here.

The z170 Pro gaming Mobo has three PCIE 3.0 slots in it, same as the ROG Ranger. They each use the Z170 chipset, and the 16x slots on each mobo break down when used to 16x with one GPU, 8x/8x in dual cross fire mode and, sadly, 8x/8x/4x when a third card is added for 3-way crossfire.

There is no difference between the slot speeds of those mobos at all. I have not seen any z170 based mobo have 8x/8x/8x support in three-way crossfire mode. That is because there are only o many lanes to the CPU available on the Z170 chipset.

I didn't think the ROG VIII line at the lower end added enough to the mix to be worth the value over the Pro Gaming Mobo -- which is why I have recently bought two of them instead of the ROG boards.

What you are really getting with the ROG line is some finer tuning when it comes to manual adjustments of the core voltage for overclocking. I can say that my Azuz Pro Gaming overclocked my 6700k to 4.6 with no problems, clickety-boo, and supported the ram to 3200DDR4 via XMP with an updated BIOS profile with ease.

The same Asus Pro Gaming mobo overclocked  a 6600k, also to 4.6, with no problems. 

If I was interested in manually fine tuning both of these Skylake CPUs to squeeze everything I could out of them down to the very last GHZ, than the Maximus VIII might have helped a bit on that. Maybe.  Please appreciate that there are still LOTS of fine tuning the Asus Pro Gaming provides. The Ranger merely provides a wee bit more - but not enough to justify the price difference. Not even close, imo.

But I can get 4.6 out of these CPUs with 30 seconds of work in base clock adjustments in the UEFI BIOS, I'm happy.  For me, the Asus Z170 Pro Gaming was a good deal and the Ranger provided no marginal benefit to justify the price increase. 

NOTE: the reviews of the Asus Z170 Pro Gaming on Newegg reflect a great dissatisfaction with the BIOS support of lots of DDR4 memory sticks back in August-October of 2015. All of those issues have been addressed as of January 2016 and later. Update the BIOS first thing and you are fine with the Asus Pro Gaming Mobo, imo. 

I do know that many brick and mortar stores don't carry the Asus Pro Gaming mobo and push the ROG Maximus VIII line in preference to it. Mainly, that's because they see the Pro Gaming mobo will cannibalize sales of the higher margin ROG Maximus VIII line.

That should tell you all you need to know about whether the Asus z170 Pro Gaming mobo is a better deal. IMO, it clearly is.