stan92's questions

stan92

Followed. Ask away and I shall answer

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

what do you mean followed?

He followed the thread so he gets a notification when someone posts something.

the forum has a follow feature. you get a notification when someone replies to a topic you've followed

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

1. What is a computers Northbridge and southbridge?
2. Does this have anything to do / work with the cpu? 

There is a button on the top right. Following allows one to get notifications every time someone posts in a thread. Therefore, every time you ask a new question I will get a notification if you post it in this thread. I suggest you follow this topic too so that you will get a notification every time someone answers you

post-17266-0-47938100-1379074594_thumb.j

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

What are some examples of these games and what do the capital letter stand for / mean?

4. rts game

5. turned based

6. platformer game

7. RTS game

8. twin stick shooter

9. FTL GAME

10. What is the New release candidate of windows 8 and what is the rtm windows 8???

What are some examples of these games and what do the capital letter stand for / mean?

4. rts game

5. turned based

6. platformer game

7. RTS game

8. twin stick shooter

9. FTL GAME

Nothing different as far as i'm aware. FTL means "Faster than light" and that is a turn based game about space.

3. what is cached data?

A cache is a small chunk of data that is stored somewhere else to reduce the average time to access memory. The cache is a smaller faster memory which stores copies of the data from the most frequently used memory locations.

4. rts game

5. turned based

6. platformer game

7. RTS game

8. twin stick shooter

9. FTL GAME

#4 is a Real Time Stragegy game.

#5 Turn base means one person takes a turn and the other takes a turn

#6 A platform game is a game where you have a character that goes from platform to platform (http://www.miniclip.com/games/genre-40/platform/en/)

#7 A twin stick shooter is a game for phones or tablets that has a "twin joystick" control on the game

#8 FTL is a game called Faster than Light (http://www.ftlgame.com)

10. What is the New release candidate of windows 8 and what is the rtm windows 8???

RTM means Release to Manufacturing

A lot of these can be answered by just Googling them also... I'm having a hard time telling if you're trolling the forums or not. I mean 500 posts.... 

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Nothing different as far as i'm aware. FTL means "Faster than light" and that is a turn based game about space.

not turn based, it is a rogue like.

how do i data cache and what is it good for?

Just remember to like and thank people who answer.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

4. rts game

5. turned based

6. platformer game

7. RTS game

8. twin stick shooter

9. FTL GAME

3. what is cached data?

This can be a few things. What you're most looking for I am guessing is data that is already 'pre-computed'. Going back to what I said before about RAM instructions and that sort of thing, cached data is data that the CPU has already gotten from the RAM and processed it, then it usually stores this back onto the RAM. This can hep speed up a computers operation as the data does not need to be computed, it is ready to go and be interpreted by programs already. This is especially useful for server and database environments

I am good at computer

Spoiler

how do i like people on here?

Just hit the little blue button that says "like this" Right above "Quote"

d1ff.png

how do i like people on here?

"like this" button next to every post

post-17266-0-99887700-1379075762_thumb.j

I am good at computer

Spoiler

and when should i like things?

If you like what that person posted? This is up to you not us :rolleyes:

and when should i like things?

When you like the thing that the person has said. Examples being if it was funny, interesting, helpful or just cool.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide