stan92's questions

stan92

how do i data cache and what is it good for?

Most data caching will happen automatically by applications that ban benefit. You can set up a cache drive that will store some cached data there instead of RAM, this can help open applications faster.

Caching is good for rapidly accessing things that were accessed a short time ago or that gets used a lot. Take an adobe application for example, they take a long time to load. If you have the application pre-loaded in cached data then it will load much quicker

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

everyone following yet?

Only myself, you and ixi are following

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

everyone following yet?

How old are you?

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Im calling Troll.

He has 500+ post but doesnt even understand basic forum features? Seriously?

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Im calling Troll.

I looked over some of his older posts and he has never been this... slow

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Im calling Troll.

Either that or pretty clueless (No offense?)

Im calling Troll.

Maybe not. I have a lot of posts. I didn't know you could look at other people's posts

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Either that or pretty clueless (No offense?)

I mean this is ridiculous.

"What is a..uh...case mean? Ha..ha..."

This is the next question I think we'll see

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

@Cacao im 21 why? and how old are you?

@Hazy125 how can i tell who is following?

everyone else follow please..

to the people saying im pretty much dumb etc i dont care, i do ask some dumb questions but you have to admit some of the questions i ask are pretty good even though they may be dumb and no one else has ever asked them.....

also did everyone miss question 10:

10. What is the New release candidate of windows 8 and what is the rtm windows 8???

someone please answer it for me

to the people saying im pretty much dumb etc i dont care, i do ask some dumb questions but you have to admit some of the questions i ask are pretty good even though they may be dumb and no one else has ever asked them.....

click the icon next to the follow button, the one that looks like 3 people from memory. I'm on my phone now, it's different so I can't check

I am good at computer

Spoiler

ok @Hazy125 can you please answer my Q10?

10. What is the New release candidate of windows 8 and what is the rtm windows 8???

RTM is Release To Manufacturer. It's the final version that Microsoft feels comfortable releasing to OEM like Acer, HP etc and the public. Release Candidate is a beta of Windows 8

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

He asked how old are you cause this seems more like an attention getting post rather than actually serious...no offense. Also, most of these questions aren't good questions and can easily be found out by clicking the first link of a Google search. Also, if you payed more attention to this thread, you'll realize that @ttam already answered #10 on the first page. Why do you need 2 opinions for it?

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Exactly what @T.Vengeance said pretty much

I am good at computer

Spoiler

thanks @T.Vengeance has their been a RTM for Windows 8?

Yep, there have been for most windows builds, windows 8 more than most as there are a lot of OEM windows builds floating around

I am good at computer

Spoiler

@Hazy125 ok what are the oem builds? and whats the difference?

OEM stands for original equipment manufacturer, which is basically when one company uses components in building their own product. This transfers to software too. For windows it comes in the form of licensing. All asus laptops come with windows right, this is because they purchased a whole bunch of licences from Microsoft. As a consumer you can buy an OEM license, but that is provided you are using it as a component for a build or something like that. To ensure that you use it as a component, an OEM license will only work on one computer.

I am good at computer

Spoiler

What are some examples of these games and what do the capital letter stand for / mean?

4. rts game

5. turned based

6. platformer game

7. RTS game

8. twin stick shooter

9. FTL GAME

4.=7. Real-Time Strategy where every thing happens in real time. Versus 5. where players take turns. Most known rts titles are Starcraft 2, Company of Heroes and  Command & Conquer. Something like Rome 2 is bit mixed since world map is turn based but field combat is real time. Also many RPGs (as Role Playing Games) use real time moving in world map and turnbased battles.

6. Platformer is classic type like in Super Mario saga, or newer FEZ, Trine series etc. Where levels are made from platforms which player jumps around. Levels can be running from bottom to top, reversed that or side from side. Platformers can be in 3D also. But those are usually more adventure types.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv