Are All Movies Shot In Film Still?

stan92

Are All Movies Shot In Film Still? or some digital and how can I tell?

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

@Cacao thats a different question and no one has answered it properly / directly yet... also another question was fast and furious 6 shot completely in film or was some of it filmed by digital camera?

@Cacao thats a different question and no one has answered it properly / directly yet... also another question was fast and furious 6 shot completely in film or was some of it filmed by digital camera?

google it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Are All Movies Shot In Film Still? or some digital and how can I tell?

Yes and No, its more of a personal choice at the moment..  a bit like AMD vs. Intel, they both do the same thing but people have different opinions on which one is best...

You can tell, especially if you rip Blu Ray's to H264 at full quality... One is grainy the other is crisp...

I believe F&F6 was shot in 5K digital 

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

Sorry, when you mentioned me, the forum for some reason didn't show me a notification. Anyways, when I was talking about rolling shutter and flares, I read it a couple years ago from this site.

http://dvxuser.com/jason/CMOS-CCD/

Films, to my knowledge don't have either of those problems. That's one way to tell if it's shot on film. 

When I mentioned "added in post" its just a phrase to say that film grain can be added as an effect in post-production aka editing stage. A program such as After Effects can add a film grain effect to get the grainy look that you can see on movies like The Grey.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Source format says it's shot on Super 35, which is on film, alas not digital.

Cheers,

Linus

Most films use digital now, but some people still prefer film. Breaking bad is a good example - it's shot film. But not alot of companies can afford the 2 million dollar cost per episode that breaking bad has.

You can still get lens flares and rolling shutter on film, remember, it's lens flares, not sensor flares. And film cameras actually have a rolling shutter that go in front of each frame to get the exposure

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

@Botasky what is IMO digital and whats still photo in film?

IMO= in my opinion 

still photo= picture 

@Botasky

1. which movies were made on still photo?

2. can i tell them from other film type?

3. whats others film type called?

@Spannerhands what size (in GB) would be full quality? heres the specs also please tell me if it is digital? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1905041/technical?ref_=tt_dt_spec

@T.Vengeance whats one way to tell if its shot on film?

The size in GB tends to be around 29Gb as I keep the full audio track... but some on the same settings some film can be a low a 12GB, film length and audio makes a difference...

All films are printed on 35mm for cinemas that don't have digital projectors, but as i said the film itself was filmed on digital cameras, as I read somewhere they had 5K digital cameras on flying drones running around for overhead shots...

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

@Spannerhands what film are you referring too? : "but as i said the film itself was filmed on digital cameras, as I read somewhere they had 5K digital cameras on flying drones running around for overhead shots..."

@Spannerhands what film are you referring too? : "but as i said the film itself was filmed on digital cameras, as I read somewhere they had 5K digital cameras on flying drones running around for overhead shots..."

F&F6

@Botasky

1. which movies were made on still photo?

2. can i tell them from other film type?

3. whats others film type called?

1. early movies from the 1890's like a saucy outing in times square

2. they don't make movies on still photo film, they can make it on 35mm which is like still photo but made for video

3. 8mm 16mm 35mm and Digital Film which is like the retarded child of film meets digital 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

thanks @Spannerhands ,

ok thanks @Lil Chillbil thanks for 1. and 2. please rephrase 3. though...

It refers to the width of the tape, the thicker the better, 8mm is used for home videos 16mm for game shows/tv shows and 35mm for movies. 

Digital Film was my mainstay for a long time 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtQ1n-1gHtY

#KilledMyWife 

whats mainstay? @Lil Chillbil

it what I shot everything with, weddings birthday party's etc. it was my Main way to film, and for quite a long time. But digital film just sucks...

post-20595-0-15812300-1379090765.jpg

#KilledMyWife