Dual Screen vs Ultrawide

So I got a budget of around roughly 1.3-1.5k AUD for my monitor(s) upgrade.

I have an AMD Fury so I want a freesync monitor.

Tossing up between the Acer XR341CK (75hz, 3440x1440) or two Acer XF270HU (144hz, 2560x1440)

Main uses will be for video editing and gaming.

Just want opinions from people that have owned either or both and which one is overall better for them and why.

Always been a huge fan of ultrawide since it came out but don't know if it is worth it, but the dual 144hz is really tempting.

Thanks!

Prefer dual monitors or more - snapping made easier plus toolbar tracking - I work dual screen at work, triple at home

Since with those 2 screens you'd have a 144Hz refresh rate per screen+more screen space, dual screen.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

keep in mind that you can't game on two screens. Or at least I guess it will be pretty annoying, since you got the bezel in the middle - which is where most of the action usually happens. At least for FPS and RPG's I guess its a nogo. From a productivity perspective, I'd always go for more screens instead of wider ones, if you have the necessary desk space. But you don't need 144Hz for offiice work or video editing. Maybe get one 144Hz for gaming and one (or even two) cheaper ones for the sides? I'm not sure if you can mix-match refresh rates between screens, so you may not be gaming on three, but from a productivity perspective, its pretty tempting

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302