Motherboard fan header?

CorCat87

how many would too many fans be to plug in to one fan header on a MB?, i want to use the fan control software, but i dont know if using spliters and plugs 3-4 fans in to one header is not a good idea.  i feel like i read it some were that pluging in more then one is not a good i dea

I would say one per header, then use direct to PSU if you have purchased a fan controller. That's just me though...

I had a splitter so that I could have 5 fans over 3 headers, and I found they didn't run properly. I will fully admit though I have have done something incorrectly, haha.

38 minutes ago, CorCat87 said:

how many would too many fans be to plug in to one fan header on a MB?, i want to use the fan control software, but i dont know if using spliters and plugs 3-4 fans in to one header is not a good idea.  i feel like i read it some were that pluging in more then one is not a good i dea

A good rule of thumb is 3-4 per header to not overload the 1 amp capacity of most headers but it depends on the fan since some use more current than others not to mention the starting current can be more thane double to get things started. 

have 3 NF-F12s on a single header spinning at full speed no problems... I did read somewhere that one fan header can handle about 30W not sure if this is correct. 

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

I would say 3 is last safe amount. Most fans run at 0.25-0.3A. If you get splitter/hub with external power, you can add as many as you like.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I would not plug more than 2-3 into one header.