IOS 7

mkessler9

Hey guys just wanted your thoughts about ios 7 and it being released next Wednesday.

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

android 

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

android 

Same here but for anyone that has a iphone

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

android.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

android

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

my mom's gonna take a while to get used to it

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

android.

android 

android.

android

Windows phones :P

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Rooted android running cyanogen mod

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

im already running it :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

It look good, but it's not like it's introducing new features to the market.

I think I'm one of the few that think it looks better.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

It look good, but it's not like it's introducing new features to the market.

I think I'm one of the few that think it looks better.

i love it :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Gonna actually answer your question:

I think Apple could've really turned a corner with iOS7 - really change the UI and how the user interacts with their phone; however, what they released is so conservative. They updated the colour scheme and a couple icons but failed to address the more pressing issues of home screen widgets and just generally lacked the customisability that other platforms offer. Who knows what else iOS7 has to offer, i would expect it to blow up with the new Iphones as people fully adopt it but i can't see any real improvements in terms of features.

I think Apple could've really turned a corner with iOS7 - really change the UI and how the user interacts with their phone; however, what they released is so conservative. They updated the colour scheme and a couple icons but failed to address the more pressing issues of home screen widgets and just generally lacked the customisability that other platforms offer. Who knows what else iOS7 has to offer, i would expect it to blow up with the new Iphones as people fully adopt it but i can't see any real improvements in terms of features.

One thing I don't like is that they're passing off features that they take from other OS as if it's never been done before.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

uuuuhhhh iOS vs Android :)

iOS feels more like a complete OS. Its smooth and rarely has any bugs. Apple takes care to make sure their devices super nice and quality feeling. 

Android is a little different. The only device I really like is the HTC one because of the build quality. Android feels a little laggy and some of the apps don't work properly. I have spent a fair amount of time in Android so im not pulling this out of nowhere. 

I prefer iOS but I won't bash anyone for liking Android more. iOS 7 Dev Preview was alright, I used it on an iPhone 4s which ran it without any problems. Obviously since it was a preview it wasn't all ironed out like the final version. I liked the visual changes and it was much easier to use. I look forward to getting my hands on the iPhone 5s. 

I'll retaliate in saying me, an ios fan, doesn't want widgets on the home screen or at all, i don't need a million different clock widgets, or one for facebook, twitter, youtube, texts etc when i can simple go into the app itself. but thats just me

Also they added control center which i adore deeply :)

The question was what your thoughts on iOS7 was, not to spam what your favorite OS is.

I think it is adds a few useful features, but nothing groundbreaking.  Personally I don't like it, and the GUI change just to make it seem like they did something interesting.  I don't like the new icons.  I don't like change for the sake of change in general.

I had an iPhone 4 and I really missed seeing some improvements on IOS. With every new revision I never felt like they added something new, cool or something I needed. My iPhone 4 was still running IOS 5.0.1 untill I gave it to my sister a few months ago. Nothing in IOS6 made me want to upgrade. Infact quite the opposite.

So when the rumors about IOS7 started flowing, it gave me some hope. However after seeing the first pictures and betas, it still didn't appeal to me.. Sure it looks.. different.. But nothing special... Which is partly why I decided to try Android on my HTC One. :)

uuuuhhhh iOS vs Android :)

iOS feels more like a complete OS. Its smooth and rarely has any bugs. Apple takes care to make sure their devices super nice and quality feeling. 

Android is a little different. The only device I really like is the HTC one because of the build quality. Android feels a little laggy and some of the apps don't work properly. I have spent a fair amount of time in Android so im not pulling this out of nowhere. 

I prefer iOS but I won't bash anyone for liking Android more. iOS 7 Dev Preview was alright, I used it on an iPhone 4s which ran it without any problems. Obviously since it was a preview it wasn't all ironed out like the final version. I liked the visual changes and it was much easier to use. I look forward to getting my hands on the iPhone 5s. 

I'd like to agree with you on android not feeling like a complete OS, My main probably with android is that there's sooo many devices that need compatibility with the apps and new androids feel 4 years old. With so many devices you dont really know if an app will run at all and most apps are specifically optimized for a particular device. Also the amount of duplicated apps, i don't need 10k clock apps ._.

also ios7 GM was released if you aren't aware :)

i only know ios6 is KILLING my iphone 4 (no, i wont buy another). So I just hope ios7 has a little mercy on it

It looks interesting. iirc they said it would be a "lighter OS" and use less battery. I do like the new icons, however, it also depends on the background. The background makes the icons either ugly or nice looking.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

I have been running ios7 for a couple of months now. It seems better to me like the look its pretty much just updated icons and other little things, the updated app kill thing and the little tool bar i find is pretty neat that's my opinion.

Case: Corsair white 600T | Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: intel i5-357OK oc to 4.3 | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | Graphics Card: Evga 660 Ti FTW signature 2 | Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GBPower supply: ModXstream-pro 600W | SSD: Samsung 840 Series | Keyboard: Corsair K70Mouse: Corsair M65 | MonitorAsus VS228H-P 22-inch | 2nd Monitor:  Viewsonic 22 inch-LED 3rd Monitor: LG 32 inch tv | Mic: audio-technica AT2020 USB | Headset 1:  Audio technica ATH-M50s | Headset 2: Corsair Vengeance 2000.

It looks interesting. iirc they said it would be a "lighter OS" and use less battery. I do like the new icons, however, it also depends on the background. The background makes the icons either ugly or nice looking.

You can easily change the background with no problem.

Case: Corsair white 600T | Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: intel i5-357OK oc to 4.3 | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | Graphics Card: Evga 660 Ti FTW signature 2 | Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GBPower supply: ModXstream-pro 600W | SSD: Samsung 840 Series | Keyboard: Corsair K70Mouse: Corsair M65 | MonitorAsus VS228H-P 22-inch | 2nd Monitor:  Viewsonic 22 inch-LED 3rd Monitor: LG 32 inch tv | Mic: audio-technica AT2020 USB | Headset 1:  Audio technica ATH-M50s | Headset 2: Corsair Vengeance 2000.

I'll retaliate in saying me, an ios fan, doesn't want widgets on the home screen or at all, i don't need a million different clock widgets, or one for facebook, twitter, youtube, texts etc when i can simple go into the app itself. but thats just me

Also they added control center which i adore deeply :)

That's what i am saying...